What You've Just Bought!

We have a joint account that pays the bills, buys food, etc... but we also have, what I call, our hobby accounts. (His and Hers) Money to spend without having to worry about the joint account for dodad's, bobbles, whatsits, etc... There is also the "luxury" account. That one pays for the amazon prime, all the streaming stuff, Malwarebytes, Patreon contributions, etc... It takes care of the once a year payments that I have a tendency to forget until AFTER it's paid.

I started that stuff while in the Navy when we first got married, so that I wouldn't bounce a bill while on deployment and since I drive for a living now, it's still relevant today, 22 years later. Everyone has a unique life and makes do with what works for them...

I wasn't trying to get all theological and philosophical about life. I was just making some points of not regretting decisions make. I've beaten myself up enough in the past over shit I've done and I don't want to see someone else do it.

Hmmm idk I think i'm more with PP on this one. My parents got divorced because i'm pretty sure my dad was fed up paying for everything and my mom just spending money on hersellf and me and my sis. So my dad spent decades working and saw most of his money and hard work just go elsewhere. In the end they divorced, he has a new partner now (not married), they keep their bank accounts seperate. They split the house bills between them and thats it. He seems much happier. It would probably would have been way less of a problem between my parents if they had earned similar amounts of money, but my dad out-earned my mom 5:1. I guess that was quite traditional in previous decades when the woman rarely even worked. But my dad was never into that philosophy, he hated the years my mom took off work to look after me and my sis, he would've been way happier if she had pursued a career and just paid for childcare instead. I guess it just depends on the couple on what does and doesn't work.

We have a joint account that pays the bills, buys food, etc... but we also have, what I call, our hobby accounts. (His and Hers) Money to spend without having to worry about the joint account for dodad's, bobbles, whatsits, etc... There is also the "luxury" account. That one pays for the amazon prime, all the streaming stuff, Malwarebytes, Patreon contributions, etc... It takes care of the once a year payments that I have a tendency to forget until AFTER it's paid.

I started that stuff while in the Navy when we first got married, so that I wouldn't bounce a bill while on deployment and since I drive for a living now, it's still relevant today, 22 years later. Everyone has a unique life and makes do with what works for them...

I wasn't trying to get all theological and philosophical about life. I was just making some points of not regretting decisions make. I've beaten myself up enough in the past over shit I've done and I don't want to see someone else do it.
I'm assuming you're older than me and live by practically the same thing it sounds, just a tad different. So clearly it's no just a generational thing.
Hmmm idk I think i'm more with PP on this one. My parents got divorced because i'm pretty sure my dad was fed up paying for everything and my mom just spending money on hersellf and me and my sis. So my dad spent decades working and saw most of his money and hard work just go elsewhere. In the end they divorced, he has a new partner now (not married), they keep their bank accounts seperate. They split the house bills between them and thats it. He seems much happier. It would probably would have been way less of a problem between my parents if they had earned similar amounts of money, but my dad out-earned my mom 5:1. I guess that was quite traditional in previous decades when the woman rarely even worked. But my dad was never into that philosophy, he hated the years my mom took off work to look after me and my sis, he would've been way happier if she had pursued a career and just paid for childcare instead. I guess it just depends on the couple on what does and doesn't work.
Yes, I grew up watching this same thing and dealt with the fights because of it too; more on that later. My ideology here like I said probably doesn't sound right to people on paper, but in practice it makes perfect sense and we barely fight over money because of it. The last one was the vehicle before her wreck (my long last rant), and that's because she forced the subject so I said ok you got the wheel. Did it my way and her monthly is $150 less. One thing to note, is in her previous marriage her ex was always deployed and cheating on her, and when he got back they'd get into a fight and he'd just give her money to go do whatever and basically shut the fight down. I'm not about that at all, I like to solve issues and I'm not going to just say here's a bill get out of my hair. That's shitty, but it's what she was used to for 10 years as well as not having to deal with bills until they separated. I've been paying my own way since I was 16, much more responsible with it and far sighted when it comes to things like inflation, shortages, housing bubbles, interest rates, etc. It makes sense for me to handle the bulk of things but also toss her stuff so she has her own dignity when it comes to adulting.

OMG.... Trotter.... I believe we are a generation of the past and gone bye because I believe in the same values!

When you find someone that you truly love, Then your willing to share everything, and that includes finances, the time for children and each other. If you think there are "conditions" to being with someone else, then you might not be ready to share your life with another. That idea must be the same for both. It will not work for a one way commitment. You should be as "one" together to share everything from money, religious beliefs and a common thought of morality and personal values.
I am a person when I make mistakes I learn my lesson and hold to it. I went through two different long term relationships that ruined me financially. The first one I wound up homeless, and my credit in the 300s (shared account, traditional setup). Almost lost my long term Paypal account too. Trotter met this one in person and has seen her FB, he can attest to the WHY that happened. The second one I set myself up way better than before but with the house still depended on a little help to which she lied about her employment situation for months and since I got no help the taxes didn't get pre-paid, escrow advance shot mortgage sky high, I got laid off (thanks shitty Lockheed), and I had to short sale the house to get out of a foreclosure situation and try to save my credit. I also grew up very poor because of financial mismanagement, watched my parents fight constantly over money, watched my friends parents divorce over similar issues, watched my parents lose the house I grew up as an older kid in because of the same bullshit, almost caused my parents to divorce after 25 years because as a teenager I laid out ALL of their financial issues, and to this day still see my core family members screwing up living in the ghetto because of it. I lost my dad because they were living in an RV after I moved out and the shit caught fire, and I almost lost my mom because she had a stroke and my sister was too stubborn to ask for money to get her seen. You get the picture. In this particular instance I (after a lot of thought put into it) have myself setup to where if anything does happen I'm ok. I know the ol saying setup for failure and you're gonna fail (or the other sayings involving relationships, pessimism, whatever) but I'm not starting from the bottom again. I refuse to because of a significant other. It's not like we don't share things, as we both believe in a 50/50. Since I make more money, I take care of more and I prefer to have it that way.

One last thing to take note, y'all married people from a different time, different ideologies, different mindset, different core values. This is 2022 where some men are fighting in this country to keep their spouse/baby momma from changing the gender of their damn 4 year old. We live in a time where women feel so empowered and are given almost pure immunity over men that they can almost do anything and get away with it. Where false feminism has changed their mindset that they don't need help but will damn sure take the money and use it on themself. Where if they aren't doing something on their own their friends tell them they are with a controlling man and will ruin them when they leave. The day of the house wife is dead, and men have gone through great lengths to protect themselves from being damaged over this generation of women who simply don't give a shit. Studies have shown most of the men in my age group don't even care to seek a spouse because of the above. That's why there's so much pump and dump and way less marriage. We're tired of bending over backwards for pretentious spoiled brats that get no consequences for their actions. Guys like me who do take the dive, go through great lengths to protect ourselves even if it forgoes traditional values.

So i've discovered you can cancel Xbox Game Pass and just pay like 20 cents for two month trial keys off allkeyshop. Normally trials only work for new members. Weird but i'm digging it.

So i've discovered you can cancel Xbox Game Pass and just pay like 20 cents for two month trial keys off allkeyshop. Normally trials only work for new members. Weird but i'm digging it.
I ditched my game pass. Took a long hard look at what I was actually paying for and bought the 2 games I was using it for. If I did that a while back it would have saved me a ton of money since launch.

I ditched my game pass. Took a long hard look at what I was actually paying for and bought the 2 games I was using it for. If I did that a while back it would have saved me a ton of money since launch.
Yeah same reason I cancelled it. That and a bunch of other subscriptions I realised I was paying over $50 a month for combined and didn't use. But hey if I can get 2 months for 20 cents then i'm down.

Yeah same reason I cancelled it. That and a bunch of other subscriptions I realised I was paying over $50 a month for combined and didn't use. But hey if I can get 2 months for 20 cents then i'm down.
Expect that they will want a credit card number....In situations like this, I get a temp card so they won't charge full after the two months. Usually you have to go through some BS and tell them in writing that you want to cancel

Expect that they will want a credit card number....In situations like this, I get a temp card so they won't charge full after the two months. Usually you have to go through some BS and tell them in writing that you want to cancel
It's easy with Game Pass / Gold, just use Paypal for the auto pay and cancel the sub through Paypal. They will keep trying but it never goes through, and I assume if I did it with that setup I could use these codes every 2 months but it never hits my account and if they try it'll get denied.

It's easy with Game Pass / Gold, just use Paypal for the auto pay and cancel the sub through Paypal. They will keep trying but it never goes through, and I assume if I did it with that setup I could use these codes every 2 months but it never hits my account and if they try it'll get denied.
I don't use paypal enough to know that....Thanks for the tip
Seems to me... that it'll cost more than the 20¢ just to run it through a CC

Back
Top Bottom