PCI-E question

Got it working.

Used a bootloader called DUET which is on a 16 gig thumb drive and I went in MiniTool Partition Wizard and migrated the OS to the NVME drive selecting the GPT option so that it is a proper UEFI drive so the bootloader sees it and boots from it.

I got very good news as well.

I used to have issues with Fortnite dropping to real low FPS due to textures loading and it usually lasted a minute or several.

Now the low FPS only lasts for a few seconds if that. So I'm seeing a lot faster load times.

Now that I know this works I'll get a NVME drive and thumb drive for the second identical PC.

So ideally I want to be able to back up the Windows partition of the NVME drive to the SATA drive to have as a backup.

I once lost three years worth of data back in 2017 because I didn't back up my drive. Don't want that happening again.

What program can I use that will at least once a day scan the NVME drive for new or changed files and back up the files to the SATA drive? Basically I am wanting the Windows partition of the NVME drive and SATA drive to be the exact same so if the NVME drive fails I lose at most a days worth of data and can still boot up with the SATA drive. Also said program should only back up legitimately created and changed files which will hopefully protect me against corrupted files.

Another question.

When I build a gaming PC I may make the main PC the stream PC and the stream PC will then be used in more of a server role where folders needed to be accessed from any PC on the network and where an image of all hard drives will be stored.

Is it as simple as swapping the SATA and NVME drives given both PCs have the exact same hardware then possibly having to reactivate Windows or is there a lot more to it? I already know I'll be removing the USB sound card and the USB headset for use with the new PC then all I have to do is swap the webcam and USB HDMI capture card to the other PC.

The NVME SSD is in the other PC and I'm cloning the drive now.

Because I had an issue once with data being corrupted when I cloned a 16 gig micro SD card to a 256 gig micro SD card I selected to clone the SSD exact which means there's about 18.4gigs unallocated space on the NVME drive. That way I would be sure of no data corruption at all. Prob gonna just leave that space unallocated unless the space is useful for something else.

I currently have this MSI GT 710 video card in use.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01DOFD0G8/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

What MSI Nvidia video card with three HDMI outputs would be better than this one? Size of the card is not an issue and I have the necessary extra power plugs and power supply wattage to handle cards that need extra power.

I'm looking for more graphics power for Fortnite and it also needs to support NVENC as this PC will be used as a streaming PC when I build a new gaming PC.

Back
Top Bottom