Potentially the longest thread in history...

You might try reversing the polarity on purpose just to see if your speakers are out of phase.....
https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/experimenting-with-reversing-polarity-to-speakers
Although the positive and negative wires look o.k. you might see a radical difference if you reverse them because they could be cancelling each other out. (lack of output)
Yea like I said checked polarity. Used a 9v to make sure cables were right and reversed on amp then checked individually. I think it's because I had to modify the holes and they don't sit right in the back deck.

Random nerd moments. Last time I was on call I found out you can host remote apps without needing to use RDS roles, licensing, or a connection broker all with a simple app I found on Github. Locally it works great and I have most Adobe products among a few other things hosted as remote apps so I can say, edit a video and render on my server without hogging resources so I can game. This week I'm on call again and decided to take it a step further and test it over the net. Had a friend edit and render a video on his machine in Florida and it works flawlessly, also had a friend here in Dallas try it on their Mac and it worked great.

That's how I felt leaving Lockheed for DR Horton. This on call week stuff is killing me with 3am and 5am calls though.

Yeah that shit is no bueno. I did on call for a few months at Motorola. Initially I was excited for the extra money but I quickly disliked it. It's just stressful, sat there in the evening wondering if you're gonna get called, going to bed wondering if you're gonna get called. Then the phone rings at 4am, you're sat fixing something for 2 hours, go back to bed for an hour and then you're up again for the normal day shift.

Yeah that shit is no bueno. I did on call for a few months at Motorola. Initially I was excited for the extra money but I quickly disliked it. It's just stressful, sat there in the evening wondering if you're gonna get called, going to bed wondering if you're gonna get called. Then the phone rings at 4am, you're sat fixing something for 2 hours, go back to bed for an hour and then you're up again for the normal day shift.
Luckily we don't operate that way. Our on call shift is 2 to 12 and it rotates weekly between the team. We've just been stuck with networking doing a move over to ACI and I get calls between 3 and 5am for a systems check. Wife is getting a bit pissed at it all though.

I haven't been on this forum for a lot of years. Crazy that it's still alive, but not nearly as active as it used to be.

Found a jumping spider in my house. Tiny, like maybe 7mm leg span. Decided to keep him as a pet in a clear acrylic container. Put him in there with some leaves, a bit of soil, some pebbles and twigs. Fed him some aphids and fruit flies. He's a cool little fella jumping all over the place.

For the record I absolutely HATE 98% of spiders, but there is just something nice about jumping spiders. They look friendly.

Back
Top Bottom