What You've Just Bought!

Not me but my son just bought an 85" Samsung 8K TV to use as a gaming monitor. He spent $3800 on the TV, $500 for a bigger desk and $32 for an analog to digital adapter to be able to connect the TV to his stereo. Damn thing weighs about 120 pounds so was a bear just to lift it to put it up on the desk!

Thats cool! - but at the same time, good luck with the 20fps. Assuming he is plugging a PC into it?

I had an 01 1500 with the Hemi that had the fuel pump go out and the exhaust leak. It went 230,000 miles before the pump went out but I think those issues are "pre RAM" problems. I haven't heard of many actual complaints from real people I know that have the V6 models yet from the 2018 and above models. Wife's old Grand Caravan had the Charger V6 in it and it would flat out go and we had no issues in the 2.5 years of ownership with it either (engine wise anyways).

In terms of standard truck size, it's actually bigger than Ford F150s, but I would never drive a 2500 or 250 and higher model truck. In fact, if it wasn't for the wife and kids I'd have a standard cab for the truck to be a bit smaller. The biggest I'd go is a Rebel or Raptor, but prices are insane right now so I'm waiting it out with this and since I haven't had a truck in 12 years it's nice to sit higher than everybody again. I just can't drive it worth a shit anymore because I'm so used to the Mustang's size.

Tbf the weight plays a big part in it. It has a higher gear ratio in the rear than my Mustang which has less HP but it goes off the line way quicker because of the weight. With how stupid some people here drive being able to dash across a street or get on the highway really quickly is pretty important.

Also diesel motors usually make up for HP numbers with high torque so it works out way better for city driving. For instance I believe your 170hp will be almost 300 in torque which is more than the V8 in my Mustang.
I suppose that if your in TX then rust would not be an issue. Three years after I bought my Chrysler 200 (brand new) it was starting to fall apart, the plastic peices in the interior were starting to break. I live in what they call "the rust belt" and when I look around at older trucks to see how they hold up, I see way too many Rams and Jeeps rotting out compared to the Ford and GM brands. I dunno but after owning a Chrysler and seeing how they hold up, I'm really turned off into looking at one to buy. I'm hesitant about the Fords too, because my bro in law had two expedition suv's. The first one blew a rod around 80k miles and his second one did the same thing around 80k. too. Both had v8 engines. He no longer buys any Fords. So now my interests are looking at the Chev/GMC 3500's. Not because I do not want a 2500 model, but the 3500 models are a little bit cheaper. ... considered a diesel but after knowing someone that owned a diesel, I will look at a gas/e85 model

I suppose that if your in TX then rust would not be an issue.
Not unless they sit for years.
Three years after I bought my Chrysler 200 (brand new) it was starting to fall apart, the plastic peices in the interior were starting to break.
That's the problem, it was a Chrysler branded vehicle lol. Idk how brands can be under the same umbrella and produce dogshit product in one name and great product in another but it happens. I feel like RAM and SRT are like that compared to Chrysler, Fiat, Dodge, and Jeep. Ford and GM have the same issues.
when I look around at older trucks to see how they hold up, I see way too many Rams and Jeeps rotting out compared to the Ford and GM brands.
The joke is RAM buyers are real truck users and Fords and Chevys are garage queens LOL. At least that's kinda how it is in Texas. People will pay 90k for an F-150 Lariat and put a damn tarp in the bed to haul wood.

I'm hesitant about the Fords too, because my bro in law had two expedition suv's. The first one blew a rod around 80k miles and his second one did the same thing around 80k. too. Both had v8 engines. He no longer buys any Fords.
Ah what year? Their trucks, Explorers, and Expeditions of a certain year range had a particular motor that liked to go explody. This is why I had a 2001 Dodge truck in 2010 instead of any Ford of the era. I don't particularly want a newer Ford either with the V6 because a lot of parts are plastic and fail easily unless it's the Raptor.
considered a diesel but after knowing someone that owned a diesel, I will look at a gas/e85 mode
Newer diesels here are so restricted now it makes the efficiency worse than a lot of gas cars.

As for the year dates on those expeditions.
I can't recall exactly because he bought one about 9 or 10 years ago? and after the first one blew up ( I'd say he drove it for about 5 yrs or so) he bought another one and it had blew a rod too with about the same mileage on it. They were both purchased new

As for the year dates on those expeditions.
I can't recall exactly because he bought one about 9 or 10 years ago? and after the first one blew up ( I'd say he drove it for about 5 yrs or so) he bought another one and it had blew a rod too with about the same mileage on it. They were both purchased new
Those had the 5.4L which are notorious for shitting the bed.
Samsung claims 120hz refresh rate.
It'd be 120hz at 4k, but he's talking about gaming framerates at 8k.

Lol you Americans and thinking a 305hp V6 might be underpowered :ROFLMAO:

I didn't mean that the engine itself might be underpowered, but some model trucks have a big truck with a smaller engine, giving shitty mileage, poor pick up, etc... But if you look up the new engine for the Ram's there are teething issues when they first came out, which is why I mentioned them... But as long as he's happy with it... good deal.

Oh snap... Hope I didn't jinx anything?!?
Their people not getting paperwork right and miscommunicating with me so it's been a week and the truck isn't even paid for by the lender yet. If they ask for it back I won't even argue because I won't want incompetence handling my loan.

Back
Top Bottom