Windows 10 cannot start, the system repair options do not work, starting from the installation disk does would not help.

Qwertyn

Solid State Member
Windows 10 cannot start, the system repair options do not work, starting from the installation disk does would not help. Recovery point was not created. What to do?

No Blue screen
Windows 10 Startup Problem

Parts:
1)
Case - Thermaltake V100 ATX Case w/500W - new
2)
HD - Seagate 8TB Barracuda SATA 256MB - new
3)
Motherboard - ASUS H170 PRO Gaming - Used from another PC in our home
4)
Processor i5-6600 - Used from another PC in our home
5)
G. SKILL VS NT D4 2666MHz 8Gx2 - new

Re-install from scratch if that doesn't wqork it could well be that your hard drive has died. Hope you have current backups.

Yes, it's true that reinstalling (repair, repair, clean install) usually helps, but it doesn't always have to be the first thing to do.
Among other things, it would be very important to know how Windows is installed (normal, VM, double boot, etc.) and also whether you are using legacy boot or UEFI boot.
It is also worth noting that there are often situations where Reset computer or onplace reinstall (preserve files and apps) also does not work, because the shadow copy is also damaged or missed at all, or registry is damaged. Then is good to have registry backup, what people usually don't have.
In this case, you need to boot from an external device (USB, DVD, etc.) and back up your files and more. Otherwise you will lose everything.
Have You looked is the boot order and boot configuration OK?
And one more thing, have you tried boot in safe mode or repair booting files?

one quick thing you can do is to go into your bios and see if the hard drive is recognized. If it does not show up in the bios then you'll have to go farther in checking out that hard drive

Yes, it's true that reinstalling (repair, repair, clean install) usually helps, but it doesn't always have to be the first thing to do.
Among other things, it would be very important to know how Windows is installed (normal, VM, double boot, etc.) and also whether you are using legacy boot or UEFI boot.
It is also worth noting that there are often situations where Reset computer or onplace reinstall (preserve files and apps) also does not work, because the shadow copy is also damaged or missed at all, or registry is damaged. Then is good to have registry backup, what people usually don't have.
In this case, you need to boot from an external device (USB, DVD, etc.) and back up your files and more. Otherwise you will lose everything.
Have You looked is the boot order and boot configuration OK?
And one more thing, have you tried boot in safe mode or repair booting files?
And waste half your life mucking about trying to get Windows to work. If you don't want to do a complete reinstall on that disk then just do it on a spare. Hard drives are cheap enough. Joe C's idea is worth doing as well. As I say I hope the OP has all his files backed up. It takes me around a half hour to re-install Windows and another hour and a half to put everything else back on. That's 2 hours and I'm back living my life again rather than trying to get a bad HDD to work or trying to sort out Billy Gates's, flawed, program to work properly. It also means I have clean hard drive with no viri, at least for a few days.

Back
Top Bottom