What You've Just Bought!

I think it's a matter of very little people/businesses using the 10GB... It takes dollars to keep the infrastructure going... But yea it was 200ish when I left last year, so something had to kick up that price. But it looks like they dropped the price by 10 for the 1GB. So who knows...

Either way I was still hella impressed with the speeds I got there. Just wish I could get them here, but it's still not bad for Cox.

I think it's a matter of very little people/businesses using the 10GB... It takes dollars to keep the infrastructure going... But yea it was 200ish when I left last year, so something had to kick up that price. But it looks like they dropped the price by 10 for the 1GB. So who knows...

Either way I was still hella impressed with the speeds I got there. Just wish I could get them here, but it's still not bad for Cox.
Maybe it's the business person in me, but IMO if they were worried about ROI on infrastructure the bean counters wouldn't have gave the OK to deploy to begin with. If I had to guess it's because title 2 got shut down after the big 3rd party competition deploy and they decided with no real competition they can charge whatever they want.

In any case, I think if I moved anywhere permanent now I'm going to make 10Gb a hard requirement.

Found a cheap and powerful looking laser on Amazon. Took a punt and bought it, yep its nice and powerful alright.

The reason I bought it is because I used to have a facination with lasers back when I was a teenager, and back then they were really expensive for something powerful so I could never afford one. So I thought i'd revist my teenage years considering it was only $60. They don't advertise the power, but it's easily 100mw+ .

Found a cheap and powerful looking laser on Amazon. Took a punt and bought it, yep its nice and powerful alright.

The reason I bought it is because I used to have a facination with lasers back when I was a teenager, and back then they were really expensive for something powerful so I could never afford one. So I thought i'd revist my teenage years considering it was only $60. They don't advertise the power, but it's easily 100mw+ .
What are you going to use it for? Can this burn cleanly through something like sheet metal?

What are you going to use it for? Can this burn cleanly through something like sheet metal?

For...fun ? :cool:. It's like having a lightsaber. The beam is really visible in dim to dark rooms, it's just fun to mess around with. And no, you need a hellishly powerful laser to cut metal - probably kilowatts. But it'll burn wood, light matches, cut electrical tape.

I've already had so much fun with it i've gone and ordered the worlds most powerful handheld laser. It should be about 7.5 watts. Not sure it'll get through UK Customs border but we'll see :unsure:

I've not done anything to overexpose this image or make it look better than it really does. If anything it looks brighter in real life.

Attachments

• Laser.jpg
    Laser.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom