What You've Just Bought!

That thing looks awesome! weighs almost exactly as much as I do as well!. Would love one, but would never fit in my yard.. I suspect the average american living room is bigger than my yard.
I've got an acre with about 2/3 of that yard and house, the rest is wooded. My parents' place is in my name so that would be another 8.5 acres with about 1/3 of it cleared and house. If you ever decide to move across the pond you can have all the property you want to buy. ;)

Edit: My living room is roughly 14' x 28', but only because it is central to the house and runs from the front to the back with a cathedral ceiling.

For a pretty ass penny unless you want to live in the damn sticks with no proper utilities and internet lol.
Real estate has definitely rebounded. It is a lot more around here than it used to be but it is still in the buyable range. I'm about 10 minutes out from the center of town and the only utility I don't have is public sewer, we have a septic tank. I have 200/10 cable internet and could get 400 but I don't want to pay an extra 20 for it.

Real estate has definitely rebounded. It is a lot more around here than it used to be but it is still in the buyable range. I'm about 10 minutes out from the center of town and the only utility I don't have is public sewer, we have a septic tank. I have 200/10 cable internet and could get 400 but I don't want to pay an extra 20 for it.
Genuinely curious, what's the average cost for an acre of land around y'all. Like 50 mile radius outside of your closest major city.

I was looking around my old stomping grounds which is 45 minutes out of town and 4 bedroom rentals way out there are 2300-2500 a month, purchasing mobile homes in the homesteads on an acre with well/septic is over 250 grand, and raw acre with nothing is about 80k. In 99 my parents paid 30k for their acre which according to others I talked to was about double it should have been at the time. DFW is a top of the real estate bubble so I understand our current pricing is inflated higher than most other areas but still. It's stupid out there. Oh and they do have fiber, so they have that going for them now.

Genuinely curious, what's the average cost for an acre of land around y'all. Like 50 mile radius outside of your closest major city.
I live in Bradley County so the nearest major town is Cleveland. Zillow link

Chattanooga is just down I-75 with Ooltewah in between. Ooltewah has become the hot spot for folks who work in Chattown but don't want to live there. Chattanooga and almost all of Hamilton County (as well as western Bradley) have access to EPB fiber and gig speed. Zillow link

Dunno on that one. Chattanooga was the first with the gig. EPB may offer it but I haven't looked.

Chatt has 10 Gig, but it is super expensive. I had The Gig at the house when I was living there and was paying 75.00 a month. 10GB is 300.00 a month. The price has risen up considerably. It was almost a 100 less when I left last year.

EPB - https://epb.com/fi-speed-internet/

Before things went south in Virginia, we were looking at some property around the East Brainard / Collegedale area, and the price wasn't that bad at the time. Relatively speaking of course. But I ultimately couldn't do it and have a house in VA. Mortgage Co. wouldn't let me.

I wonder why they would raise the price of 10Gb if it used to be lower? Seems 1Gb has stabilized to being a standard of 75 across the country.
There's a community in west Fort Worth that's doing 10Gb but the internet is part of HOA and so the pricing is via HOA fees and that info isn't shared. Wondering if it's comparable or if the few doing 10Gb are just doing whatever they feel like.

Back
Top Bottom