Giftmas 2021

Nukem

Where am I again?
We did ours early... My wife made me a seat cover and she "got me" an upgrade. :p Now my next project is to get my room painted and put together properly.

20211224_192821.jpg20211224_195301.jpg

Last edited:
Nice! You've already seen my Christmas stuff. I smoked the spare ribs Tuesday, prepped jalapeno poppers last night and smoked them this morning (we did our family get-together on Christmas Eve this year), and I just put the brisket on to smoke overnight so we can have it for Christmas.

I went into food overdrive for the fam. I made chess bars and snickerdoodles, bacon wrapped brown sugar smokies, pigs and cheese in blankets, Velveeta dip, cranberry meatballs, and the poppers (made with hot sausage and habarnero jack). We also had chip and dip, broccoli salad, a sandwich bar, an apple walnut cake, and a cherry cheesecake.

Nice! You've already seen my Christmas stuff. I smoked the spare ribs Tuesday, prepped jalapeno poppers last night and smoked them this morning (we did our family get-together on Christmas Eve this year), and I just put the brisket on to smoke overnight so we can have it for Christmas.

I went into food overdrive for the fam. I made chess bars and snickerdoodles, bacon wrapped brown sugar smokies, pigs and cheese in blankets, Velveeta dip, cranberry meatballs, and the poppers (made with hot sausage and habarnero jack). We also had chip and dip, broccoli salad, a sandwich bar, an apple walnut cake, and a cherry cheesecake.
I wish I knew how to cook like you and Kman. When I first tried to make Hamburger Helper for the kids a few months back I got severe anxiety. Idk how I did it as a Waffle House cook for 6 months, maybe it was the alcoholism from my early 20s, the depression from my dad passing away, or just survival mode cause a kid was coming. In my current state I can barely make myself eggs which I was really good at coming from Waffle House (the pan flip and all).

I wish I knew how to cook like you and Kman. When I first tried to make Hamburger Helper for the kids a few months back I got severe anxiety. Idk how I did it as a Waffle House cook for 6 months, maybe it was the alcoholism from my early 20s, the depression from my dad passing away, or just survival mode cause a kid was coming. In my current state I can barely make myself eggs which I was really good at coming from Waffle House (the pan flip and all).
Patience and practice, my man. I find following a recipe helped me immensely starting out and helped me get used to cooking. I still use recipes for new stuff but quickly customize it and make it my own. Smoking/BBQing is actually really simple, it just tastes like its not. Hit up some videos on Youtube by Meat Church, Mad Scientist BBQ, The Dawgfather's BBQ, Smokin Joe's Pit BBQ and see what I mean.

Patience and practice, my man. I find following a recipe helped me immensely starting out and helped me get used to cooking. I still use recipes for new stuff but quickly customize it and make it my own. Smoking/BBQing is actually really simple, it just tastes like its not. Hit up some videos on Youtube by Meat Church, Mad Scientist BBQ, The Dawgfather's BBQ, Smokin Joe's Pit BBQ and see what I mean.
I was following the Hamburger Helper instructions to a T and made it perfect. Still had a ton of anxiety. I can cook hamburgers all day with no problems or steaks. Idk what my issue is lol.

I agree with Trotter... Lots of practice. Nice thing is, as long as it's not completely burnt, you can eat the failures and not feel like you wasted your money. That's how I justify it as least. :lol::lol::lol:

I honestly feel like I should be medicated at some point, my anxiety over certain things is getting bad and hampering my ability to learn in certain areas. Hell I can barely drive anymore after what happened last year.

At least I got my grill, and with that I should be able to hopefully overcome it at least to a certain extent. It reminds me of cooking at Waffle House lol.

Back
Top Bottom