Random Chit Chat

Well y'all, I might be moving back to the states soon. Japan's been fun, but I got an offer as a Sr Principal DevOps Engineer.. hopefully the offer matches what pay I want. We shall see!

Well y'all, I might be moving back to the states soon. Japan's been fun, but I got an offer as a Sr Principal DevOps Engineer.. hopefully the offer matches what pay I want. We shall see!

Congrats! you gotta teach me your ways. I'm just a lowly non senior devops guy, and I don't get enough training in the more advanced stuff ?

I eat, sleep, and breathe Linux :tongue:
I've mentored my fair share of employees though... Still mentor some back at my old job

I eat, sleep, and breathe Linux :tongue:
I've mentored my fair share of employees though... Still mentor some back at my old job

Ah. Tbh we're 98% Azure, Windows, PowerShell etc.

In other news, I got me a Wacom Cintiq 24" and Wacom Flex Arm to mount it on arriving tomorrow. It's such a heavy thing hanging on the end of a heavy duty 32" ergo arm that i've had to reinforced my desk. Added a 30x20x3cm block of wood under my desk, and a 1.5cm block of wood ontop of my desk, both where the arm will clamp. Then i'm adding two new desk legs directly under the mounting position. I'm not just being paranoid, they specifically reccomend a 1 inch solid wood desk as a minimum to mount it on - my desk is a reasonably sturdy office desk with 18mm particleboard and steel legs. But still no bueno. I would cry if my desk failed and the Cintiq smashed onto the floor.

It's so windy outside right now that when it gusts my monitor moves.
Ahahha wtf. Not sure if serious. If serious then I guess this is the price you pay for American houses not being built of solid brick and stone like in the UK :ROFLMAO:

My LG CX is mounted to a 12 inch thick brick wall with six, six inch long bolts. You could hang like 500lb off it. Aint no wind making my monitor wobble.

Ahahha wtf. Not sure if serious. If serious then I guess this is the price you pay for American houses not being built of solid brick and stone like in the UK :ROFLMAO:

My LG CX is mounted to a 12 inch thick brick wall with six, six inch long bolts. You could hang like 500lb off it. Aint no wind making my monitor wobble.
Dead serious, the wind is gusting up to 60mph and when it does the house shakes and this big ass bitch wobbles like if I hit my desk. And yea, this house we rented is a pile of shit. Every corner was cut when they built this thing.

I guess I am a little late sharing but I accepted the assistant manager position of the SE area. The territory covers Kentucky, Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, about half of Louisiana, and the eastern edge of Missiouri; that encompasses 14+ techs in the field. To move up any higher I would have to relocate which ain't happening.

I guess I am a little late sharing but I accepted the assistant manager position of the SE area. The territory covers Kentucky, Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, about half of Louisiana, and the eastern edge of Missiouri; that encompasses 14+ techs in the field. To move up any higher I would have to relocate which ain't happening.
That's great news Trotter, congrats. Hope the position works out well for you.

Dead serious, the wind is gusting up to 60mph and when it does the house shakes and this big ass bitch wobbles like if I hit my desk. And yea, this house we rented is a pile of shit. Every corner was cut when they built this thing.
Damn thats crazy.

Back
Top Bottom