PCI-E question

I wouldn't worry about going bigger, shoe horning it doesn't work trust me. This pic is showing 2 radiators being mounted to 140mm to 120mm adapters with 2 140mm Noctua iPPC 3000rpm fans. It worked, but it was also louder than if I had simply used a pair of 120mm fans with about the same airflow mounted directly to the front of the case and didn't provide the extra airflow the bigger fans are capable of.

Attachments

• IMG_0352.jpg
    IMG_0352.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 7
I did try a second identical fan from the other identical PC placed on the back of the existing fan, but I didn't see much of a difference in cooling and I think there was a little more airflow.

Just because air moves faster through a heatsink doesn't necessarily mean it cools better.

I wouldn't worry about going bigger, shoe horning it doesn't work trust me. This pic is showing 2 radiators being mounted to 140mm to 120mm adapters with 2 140mm Noctua iPPC 3000rpm fans. It worked, but it was also louder than if I had simply used a pair of 120mm fans with about the same airflow mounted directly to the front of the case and didn't provide the extra airflow the bigger fans are capable of.
I did try a second identical fan from the other identical PC placed on the back of the existing fan, but I didn't see much of a difference in cooling and I think there was a little more airflow.

Just because air moves faster through a heatsink doesn't necessarily mean it cools better.
If you look at PP's pic he posted, you'll see that those GPU's are liquid cooled, and you will get optimum cooling with a liquid cooled system on your GPU/CPU

Agreed liquid cooling is best.

I liquid cooled an Xbox 360 and never once had the overheating issue they are known for.

However if I liquid cooled this one I'd need a cooling block with mounting that is no larger than 2" X 2" and can mount to the same place the heatsink does. I'd also use water blocks for the other two heatsinks which I currently have fans on.

The GPU doesn't seem to run even remotely warm so I would leave that with a fan unless there's a cooling block made specifically for that card.

Decided to look at liquid cooling.

Saw this cold plate

https://koolance.com/gpu-210-video-card-vga-chipset-water-block

Last edited:
There ain't no point of putting water cooling money into this machine guys. I watercool my 98 box because I already had the blocks from wayyyy back in the day. This guy would need to source ILM based server blocks (probably) to fit that small of a space which are expensive, not to mention a few extra hundred on the rest of the parts IF they are in stock. For that cost to water cool he could have an i5 11400 and cheap board, 16GB of RAM, and call all this mess a day. Probably even be able to get a regular case and cheaper eVGA PSU because certain water parts are upsold like D5 pumps.

The whole point of my post was, for heatsinks and radiators static pressure is key and trying to use an adapter to place a large fan on a wide spread fin heatsink won't do any extra good for the effort.

Agreed.

Liquid cooling would be expensive for this.

For what it would cost I could get a used 3-4 year old computer which is way better than this one and be much better off.

Agreed.

Liquid cooling would be expensive for this.

For what it would cost I could get a used 3-4 year old computer which is way better than this one and be much better off.
No for the cost you could literally get brand new current parts. i5 11400, 16GB Corsair LPX, ASRock B560m, and eVGA 500W PSU off Amazon if you're in the states. The only exception maybe is the Eisbaer 280 AIO and using the ILM bracket they make which still comes out to 300 before tax and there isn't a guarantee it will work.

I got the third monitor.

First had a ground loop issue causing some ghosting on the display until I plugged the audio wire into the headphone port on the computer.

1 monitors.jpg

Back
Top Bottom