Potentially the longest thread in history...

They may work on similar principles but there is no way a swamp cooler can create refrigerated air. An AC produces much cooler air and also, the AC removes moisture from the air while the cooler adds moisture which is why swamp coolers aren't very effective in areas with high humidity.

I've used both, have AC now and would never go back to using a swamp cooler!

Yup... A/C is way way better than a swamp cooler.....but what I stated or ment to state, was they both use the same (tech) principles of operation, using evaporation to get cooling. Of course their is a huge difference from "feeling cool" and actually cooling the air

Funny story, got the call from the contractor and asked specifically is it effective immediately. They said yes, I then had a phone convo with my lead. Turns out they were going back and forth for about a week or so before pulling the trigger. Having a company iPad I tried email/skype and still had creds. Sent the news to two senior managers I was supporting their group with, turns out they were going to leave them high and dry making them real pissed. Sunday head up there with my trusty coworker to get my personal things. They gave us hell, even telling me my badges were disabled. Monday I get a call at like 8am, come to find out they jumped the gun. My real end date was the 22nd. Got my badges back from security, still work perfect (assholes), so I go and email those two senior managers. One guy asks for my resume, meanwhile I get a phone call for another job. It's now Tuesday and it gets juicier. The mobility lead who happens to also be an asset manager was told he'd be laid off too, so he turned in his retirement papers. They bumped my lead up to cover that position too. I then start asking around, turns out I was the only one being let go and nobody was told anything about it. What a cluster man.

Getting laid off/fired sucks. My oldest son was recently fired from his job. He asked for the reason and they couldn't give him one other than that a senior director didn't like him. When the client heard about his termination, they couldn't believe it so they took steps to hire him. Long story short, he was hired by the client to work on the same project and got a $30K salary bump to boot! He now sits across the table from the director that got him fired!

R12 was used forever till they banned it in the 90's. R134 is almost as good as R12. In my truck i can't tell the difference. A 5 f difference in most conditions won't make any differenance in they cold temps.

Getting laid off/fired sucks. My oldest son was recently fired from his job. He asked for the reason and they couldn't give him one other than that a senior director didn't like him. When the client heard about his termination, they couldn't believe it so they took steps to hire him. Long story short, he was hired by the client to work on the same project and got a $30K salary bump to boot! He now sits across the table from the director that got him fired!
I figured at some point it was going to happen just because Lockheed loves to cut IT before any other area. I just figured since I made it past August I'd be ok. I don't expect those senior managers to do anything with my resume.

Back
Top Bottom