Random Chit Chat

i remember the board i gave you dan. glad it worked for you. the 2 gig memory limit was what bugged me about it.

Smart Guy, My Athlon X2 3000X was faster than my old 2.5 Pentium 4. I am guessing that it was A, the dual core. B, same ram but better board . I think i did have 4 sticks of ddr and my newer board i used the same ram. Both were being used with XP 32 bit os.
Dual core and faster architecture. Pentium 4 had HT but it stood no chance against 2 physical cores that were faster than theirs. Pentium D was no better.

I tried something today. Went back to my backup drive and using acronis and wiped this drive and installed a copy of windows that was older but stable. It worked so far. I went into settings and locked out the automatic updates but allow the security updates. So far its working. At least its working like it was before they screwed it up with the v2004. Maybe in 6 months or so i will know its ok to update. Hope so.

Yes, Core 2 took the lead for Intel on a whim. I believe it was once they decided to make the cache memory shared instead of core specific after Pentium D.
I wonder when is Intel going to take the lead again. I think it lost it like around 2013 with 4th gen. Core i ?

Yes, Core 2 took the lead for Intel on a whim. I believe it was once they decided to make the cache memory shared instead of core specific after Pentium D.
I wonder when is Intel going to take the lead again. I think it lost it like around 2013 with 4th gen. Core i ?
Core was a brand new architecture Jim Keller touched with his magical fingers. They've had the lead until Zen 2. Zen 2 technically has better IPC but Intel edges them out due to raw clock speed.

Back
Top Bottom