What was your first Album \ CD you bought - or Downloaded ..

Why is this surprising? I've had internet in one form or another since 1986 when I was a Beta tester for the Prodigy online service with my trusty 1200bps modem!

Prodigy was the first online service to offer a graphical user interface, other online services were strictly text based. This all pre-dated the WWW.
Because the majority of people didn't have net even then, let alone let their kids online. My first experience with the net was in 96 but I didn't have actual access myself on my own computer until 2002.

Grand Funk Railroad - Live album. I was about 12yrs old when I bought it. The only other medium for audio back then was reel to reel tape. (Although 8 tracks came out shortly after that time)

Last edited:
Grand Funk Railroad - Live album. I was about 12yrs old when I bought it. The only other medium for audio back then was reel to reel tape. (Although 8 tracks came out shortly after that time)
God I love that band. I just love the bass line in Closer To Home. Yup, need to listen to that right the F now.

Yup....it's a local band in Mich. they used to have a small recording studio in Parshallville, Mi. but I do not know if it's still there today

Just checked with google, Today is called the Alliance Recording Company and it's actually it has a Fenton mailing address. When I worked for a propane company I went there and I did see a wall full of gold and platinum records hanging. Grand Funk's name was on every one of them. I never met anybody with the band that I know of.

Back
Top Bottom