i keep getting an alert from AVG every minute or so. super annoying!

Just looking at the test charts alone shows the story. The real interesting thing is the enterprise chart.
Thanks PP. The OP should steer clear of AVG. Based on my own personal observations, I noticed that allot of AV's are stuck in their ways and almost never change while a small portion of AV's somewhat improve.

hi guys, i've done some of the recommendations given here. one thing i'm wondering about, if i have windows defender do i need another virus scanner or not? some here have said to just have that, some seem to be suggesting other ones. in other sources i'm also seeing different things.

If you stay out of bad neighborhoods in the www then I think defender would be o.k. for you
Defender is all automatic for scans and I think you can still manually run a scan too

hi guys, i've done some of the recommendations given here. one thing i'm wondering about, if i have windows defender do i need another virus scanner or not? some here have said to just have that, some seem to be suggesting other ones. in other sources i'm also seeing different things.
I would keep Malwarebytes free installed to open it up once in a while and scan. Make sure it's not starting with Windows.

Of course, you don't need anything else, but the only thing that protects you is what is between the two ears.
Absolutely nothing else will protect you in any way.

Of course, you don't need anything else, but the only thing that protects you is what is between the two ears.
Absolutely nothing else will protect you in any way.

This is for my elderly Dad's computer. He's very computer-un-savvy so I need to automate things. And we live in different countries so after this week he's on his own for the most part.

I see some mention of Bitdefender as well. Is that necessary or Windows Defender is good enough?

This is for my elderly Dad's computer. He's very computer-un-savvy so I need to automate things. And we live in different countries so after this week he's on his own for the most part.

I see some mention of Bitdefender as well. Is that necessary or Windows Defender is good enough?
Use a VPN so you can log into his machine for remote support, or something like VNC or Teamviewer. Don't use anydesk, it'll just shoot off false positives.

If your dad's laptop running Windows is experiencing frequent annoying pop-ups from AVG with alerts about "URL:Malvertising," there are a few steps you can take to address the issue. Firstly, ensure that AVG is up to date and running the latest version. Try disabling any browser extensions or add-ons that might be causing conflicts. You can also adjust the settings in AVG to customize the notifications and alerts. If the issue persists, consider reaching out to AVG's customer support for further assistance. Additionally, using a VPN like PureVPN can enhance online security and privacy, which might help prevent such pop-up alerts in the future.

Back
Top Bottom