What You've Just Bought!

Not tech related, but I bought another freezer. We've been hoarding (mildly) for years now; Rotating stock, canning veg, etc... and when I got the option to get half a cow, I jumped on it, without thinking first.

Then my inner self said, "hey dumbass... you have no where to put it!"

So of course I had to fix that and now I have room for almost 200 lbs. of various cuts of beef, 50 lbs. of chicken and 25 lbs. various pork cuts.

Now I just have to find a way to convert my garage into a temp controlled living space on the cheap. I'm out of room in the house.
You could check eBay for a cheap used freezer , Although there is chance you could be getting something that has an issue.

Not tech related, but I bought another freezer. We've been hoarding (mildly) for years now; Rotating stock, canning veg, etc... and when I got the option to get half a cow, I jumped on it, without thinking first.

Then my inner self said, "hey dumbass... you have no where to put it!"

So of course I had to fix that and now I have room for almost 200 lbs. of various cuts of beef, 50 lbs. of chicken and 25 lbs. various pork cuts.

Now I just have to find a way to convert my garage into a temp controlled living space on the cheap. I'm out of room in the house.
This is also our plan. Find somebody with fresh eggs and a years worth of meat skipping the middle man.

This is also our plan. Find somebody with fresh eggs and a years worth of meat skipping the middle man.
A long time ago we rented a house in the country, the landlord had a chicken coop with about a dozen Rhode island red chickens. He told me I could keep all the eggs if I took care of them. Chickens are just like pigs, they will eat almost anything so we would get old food products from the back of our local grocery store and feed them for free.
https://lonestarcoops.com/
Edit: of course you'll need to check your communities local ordinances for keeping chickens on your property

Last edited:
A long time ago we rented a house in the country, the landlord had a chicken coop with about a dozen Rhode island red chickens. He told me I could keep all the eggs if I took care of them. Chickens are just like pigs, they will eat almost anything so we would get old food products from the back of our local grocery store and feed them for free.
https://lonestarcoops.com/
Edit: of course you'll need to check your communities local ordinances for keeping chickens on your property
Where we intend to move has no restrictions lol.

You could check eBay for a cheap used freezer , Although there is chance you could be getting something that has an issue.

The possible issues is why I bought a new one. I don't want to have a used one break down, loose Freon and not cool properly, etc... in the middle of summer and we possibly loose all that's in it. Warranty's are great but they don't cover spoilage and replacement. Already did that in TN when we lost power for the week after a tornado ripped through our neighborhood and I was lucky to only loose about 300 worth of frozen stuff. But I will say that if I wanted to pay the astronomical price for the coverage, my home owners insurance will add food replacement into the plan, but it's crazy considering the costs nowadays.

The possible issues is why I bought a new one. I don't want to have a used one break down, loose Freon and not cool properly, etc... in the middle of summer and we possibly loose all that's in it. Warranty's are great but they don't cover spoilage and replacement. Already did that in TN when we lost power for the week after a tornado ripped through our neighborhood and I was lucky to only loose about 300 worth of frozen stuff. But I will say that if I wanted to pay the astronomical price for the coverage, my home owners insurance will add food replacement into the plan, but it's crazy considering the costs nowadays.
I totally understand that issue with insurance. Last September we had a power surge and it took out all of my kitchen appliances which exceeded 5K. I had to file a claim which is a nightmare too, my insurance only covered $250. for food loss, which is really a cruel joke

Forgot to mention that if you know some people who have the ability to store, it's cheaper if you can find one or two family's that can split the cost. That's what made me cuss myself out in the first place. Friend of ours found the deal and wanted to reduce the cost of the whole package.

I spent a lot of funds around the house. When the computer went i ordered the motherboard and it blew as the power supply was shooting me in the foot. So new power supply, new motherboard and i said the hell with it and also bought a new cpu. Anyway i fixed the system. Second thing was i broke down and bought one of those 5 drawer tool chests from Harbor Freight to hold all my tools. too many of them were disapeering so i got them all in one place and am putting it in the shed. Got a new tarp to help keep it clean and dry. I had tools all over the house and shed. the truck was another place that had tools. so now i have them in one place.

Back
Top Bottom