What You've Just Bought!

Not so much as what I've bought, but my wife and I just did a cash out refinance. So I am buying a new roof, just paid off all our credit cards, and are looking to redo the kitchen and master bath. I'm angling to try to buy a 1440p 165 or 144Hz ultrawide, but I really don't need it as I am using a 43" 1200p 120Hz already.
I hope it goes well for you. When we re-did our bathroom a short time ago we had a heck of a time finding the tub we needed. Things are harder to get after Covid, especially appliances. I don't know if you can recall but in September we had a power surge and I just got a range and dishwasher delivered a last Tuesday the 29th (purchased on Nov. 6th) and we still have not got our microwave delivered yet.

Last edited:
Not so much as what I've bought, but my wife and I just did a cash out refinance. So I am buying a new roof, just paid off all our credit cards, and are looking to redo the kitchen and master bath. I'm angling to try to buy a 1440p 165 or 144Hz ultrawide, but I really don't need it as I am using a 43" 1200p 120Hz already.

Congrats... Since you take care of everyone else in life, treat yourself and get a good monitor! :) We all know your deserve it! Supposed to be the top dog of monitors:
https://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/ali...3dw/apd/210-BCYE/monitors-monitor-accessories

I use a few different tubes: Got some older Arctic MX-4, A tube of KPx (Kingpin's stuff), and some Kryonaut tubes. I even tried some K5-PRO thermal paste for the 6800xt back plate cooling and it dropped temps a couple of degrees, so I can complain.

Last edited:
Congrats... Since you take care of everyone else in life, treat yourself and get a good monitor! :) We all know your deserve it! Supposed to be the top dog of monitors:
https://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/ali...3dw/apd/210-BCYE/monitors-monitor-accessories
The DWF is actually better and cheaper.

I use a few different tubes: Got some older Arctic MX-4, A tube of KPx (Kingpin's stuff), and some Kryonaut tubes. I even tried some K5-PRO thermal paste for the 6800xt back plate cooling and it dropped temps a couple of degrees, so I can complain.
I used Arctic Silver 5 all the way until like 3 years ago lol. I had a tube of MX-4 during that time period but kept using it because I bought 4 huge tubes of Silver back in like 2011. Once that was finally gone I used the MX-4 that finally ran out last month.

The DFW is AMD freesync as primary, whereas the DF is nvidia g-sync 1st. Even though a monitor is "supposed" to work with both, if advertised, it's not always the case.

The DFW is AMD freesync as primary, whereas the DF is nvidia g-sync 1st. Even though a monitor is "supposed" to work with both, if advertised, it's not always the case.
Doesn't matter, the Gsync is the older model, is heavier, more expensive, and has less features. You can't even firmware update the Gsync model without sending it to dell. 3rd parties report the DFW runs cooler and is even better calibrated out of the box. If I was to ever replace my G9 it'd be with one of those. I'm waiting to see if they make an Odyssey with QD-OLED.

Found some Sony MDR-7506's for 80 bucks so grabbed those. VERY flat like I expected. Going to be perfect for my music recording and mixing.

I just got one of my Christmas presents ordered. A new RGB keyboard. One of the Redragon K582. See if it works like i need it to. I could have handled just having a one color keyboard like whit4 but it seems like they only make them in multi colored models. I had one of them and it didn't work for very long. I have heard of this brand. I like the idea of not having to turn lights on to see the keyboard.Supposed to be here by the 19th. Just in time.

Back
Top Bottom