The Food & Drink Thread

We had Thanksgiving at our daughter's house again this year. I smoked the turkey (pre-carved pic attached), and did a spiral sliced ham, as well as the requested ranch potatoes. My wife asked me to make chess bars and a pumpkin dump cake, so those were taken as well. My wife made her famous (to us) sweet potato casserole, and my mother-in-law made deviled eggs, chicken dressing, and a brown sugar apple cake. Plus all the stuff our daughter made, as well as her mother-in-law and sister-in-law.

It was a very blessed (and over-stuffed) day.

Attachments

• Tom.jpg
    Tom.jpg
    296.5 KB · Views: 0
Well we didn't go to Luby's, we watched the game at home then went to the newly opened Waffle House in our area.

Attachments

• IMG_1140.JPG
    IMG_1140.JPG
    94.1 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1141.JPG
    IMG_1141.JPG
    136.6 KB · Views: 2
We had Thanksgiving at our daughter's house again this year. I smoked the turkey (pre-carved pic attached), and did a spiral sliced ham, as well as the requested ranch potatoes. My wife asked me to make chess bars and a pumpkin dump cake, so those were taken as well. My wife made her famous (to us) sweet potato casserole, and my mother-in-law made deviled eggs, chicken dressing, and a brown sugar apple cake. Plus all the stuff our daughter made, as well as her mother-in-law and sister-in-law.

It was a very blessed (and over-stuffed) day.

I made the Butterball Turkey in bag and regret it because it was overly salty. My poor husband and I were up all night with severe heartburn. I made buttery mashed potatoes with Turkey gravy, Home made dumplings, pepper ridge farms stuffing, sweet potato pie, green bean casserole and jellied cranberry sauce on the side and had flavored cheescake assortments instead of the traditional pumkin pie with whipped cream for desert.

I roasted our Butterball in the oven and it came out moist and delicious. We had all the usual fixings except that for one reason or another, nobody remembered to do the candied yams. We had plenty to eat regardless, nobody went hungry!

I roasted our Butterball in the oven and it came out moist and delicious. We had all the usual fixings except that for one reason or another, nobody remembered to do the candied yams. We had plenty to eat regardless, nobody went hungry!
It was just my husband and I for Thanksgiving. We had plenty of leftovers and with only the two of us we devoured all that stuffing and my stomache blew up like a balloon and I feel like I swollowed a large bowling ball or watermellon. I thought maybe I would float away :LOL:

Well I was holding off from a rant.
All of my kitchen appliances blew out back in September due to a power surge and after 2 months the insurance decided to cough up some cash the first of November so I can get new ones. I ordered a dishwasher, range and microwave on November 6th and Home Depot promised me that they would deliver on the 23rd. I asked them if they were sure because that is the day before Thanksgiving they stated it would be no problem.. Well...they reniged on their promise and did not deliver so we had to gather up the turkey and everything else and go to Brenda's mom's house to cook. It did work out o.k. (her mom is 87 and she did cook the bird upside down) but it still tasted good! I still do not have any new appliances yet as of 11/28.

Back
Top Bottom