New dell wont boot w/ ssd but will w/ hdd?

I'm sorry but I dont think there is anthing you can do at this point. A possible cause for this could be that Microsoft or pc doesn't recogise the new hard drive Your basically prohibited from everything when you are stuck in the standard user account unless your able to remember the password to the admin account. You will need to log into the admin account to download the Windows validation Activation tool. This appears to be a Windows 7 OS? Am I correct? Microsoft no longer supports Windows 7 and the Windows Activation tool and other updates may no longer be available. Microsoft probably set up obselete operating systems this way to discourage the use of them because they may pose a security risk to the network. You are better off upgrading to atleast Windows 10.
yes you are correct still prefer win7, in fact I had the exact same difficulty w/ a win11 machine however I never tryed admin privileges in win11 just a scan. you could be correct on M$ however I have swapped OS drives twice in differnt PCs w/out issues.
the current drive I'm using is from a parts PC ebay deal so I don't know what previous person has locked out anyone from admin. I don't have any passwords either. except a key code on case of this parts PC will try that next.
I do have a couple spare OS drives w/ key codes can't find at the moment. when I find I can clone this current drive.
so if I'm able to get admin privileges I can then recover these files?counterfieght windows.jpg thanks

Last edited:
yes you are correct still prefer win7, in fact I had the exact same difficulty w/ a win11 machine however I never tryed admin privileges in win11 just a scan. you could be correct on M$ however I have swapped OS drives twice in differnt PCs w/out issues.
the current drive I'm using is from a parts PC ebay deal so I don't know what previous person has locked out anyone from admin. I don't have any passwords either. except a key code on case of this parts PC will try that next.
I do have a couple spare OS drives w/ key codes can't find at the moment. when I find I can clone this current drive.
so if I'm able to get admin privileges I can then recover these files?View attachment 14898 than
It sounds like compatibility issues with specific models or Operating systems. Are these drives that worked in different PC's without issues the same drives you tried in the Widows 7 OS and Windows 11?

Last edited:
lap top#1 an acer was used w/ SSD#1 this same SSD#1 has been used in another simiiarl model acer LT.(but has issues w/ new PC) this acer SSD#1 is a clone from the orginale acer.my new plan is find this orginale acer HDD and clone it to SSD#1 after I copy/recover the files I'm having diffaculty w/).the win11 is a complete machine on its own I've never swapped anything in it.

edit I just restarted current HDD and noticed the windows7 icon at startup had user locked,and I never issued a password for user.
will report back w/ results.thanks

There is another place called My Digital Life forums that you can get the DAZ loader to re-install your windows 7 key. Please do not attempt to get this DAZ loader any place else other than MDL.

There is another place called My Digital Life forums that you can get the DAZ loader to re-install your windows 7 key. Please do not attempt to get this DAZ loader any place else other than MDL.
I was thinking the same as you just mentioned Joe. That explains one of the reasons why Microsoft produced the error message about being a victom of counterfit software. It is an illegal pirated software and should not be used. It is stolen property of either microsoft or another user who purchased a copy of Windows 7.

It is possible that the drive used for the Acer may only work in the Acer. It may contain encryption security that uses a combination of math algrorythms to protect the drive from theft. The drive is probably encrypted.

Last edited:
I plan on trying another drive this weekend will report back.
this next drive I intend on swapping doe's have a key code however I'm thinking this code is just for the MOBO it initialley came w/. so more error iratations from virus guy.

yes the acer drive worked great in the 2nd acer this dell is a pita every 5 minutes a irratiating pops up there's 3 differnt iratations some w/ audio iratation. virus guy Fs up everything.

btw this dell DT w/ I5 CPU --no OS,HDD-- is working kindof good. I don't think I could get cheaper than the $70. shipped.
now I'm still in my return window period, if I decided to purchase another small DT w/ win10 OS HDD would I have virus guys iratating error messages if I swapped in a SSD w/ a clean copy of win7. just not ready for win10-11, hopefully the next revsion from virus guy will be decent.

You can not just pop one drive from a pc into another pc. This is why your getting these messages!
Back up the data on your drive, and do a Clean Install of your operating system. By Clean Install... That means wiping the drive totally and re-installing windows from a dvd disk/usb. There are a multiple of software's to effectively wipe your drive. I find that Kill Disk is a very easy method to wipe the drive for a clean install of windows.
https://www.killdisk.com/eraser.html
Using DAZ is a grey area because using the DAZ loader enables you to access the windows key from Acer to authenticate your windows. This Windows key is installed through your bios from Acer, so it is legal with an OEM computer

I was thinking the same as you just mentioned Joe. That explains one of the reasons why Microsoft produced the error message about being a victom of counterfit software. It is an illegal pirated software and should not be used. It is stolen property of either microsoft or another user who purchased a copy of Windows 7.

It is possible that the drive used for the Acer may only work in the Acer. It may contain encryption security that uses a combination of math algrorythms to protect the drive from theft. The drive is probably encrypted.
The message is there because the hardware IDs don't match when he switches from one computer to another. You get the same thing when you clone, and the issues are due to cloning back and forth from legacy to uefi. This is why I said 2 pages ago (and Joe repeated) that a clean install onto the SSD is required.

You can not just pop one drive from a pc into another pc. This is why your getting these messages!
Back up the data on your drive, and do a Clean Install of your operating system. By Clean Install... That means wiping the drive totally and re-installing windows from a dvd disk/usb. There are a multiple of software's to effectively wipe your drive. I find that Kill Disk is a very easy method to wipe the drive for a clean install of windows.
https://www.killdisk.com/eraser.html
Using DAZ is a grey area because using the DAZ loader enables you to access the windows key from Acer to authenticate your windows. This Windows key is installed through your bios from Acer, so it is legal with an OEM computer
Unbelievable I seriously screwed this up

Acer(F:) users/steve/desktop is where my files where, I thought acer F was program files.

I thought my files where in Data (E:) recovered files completed.

So now I’m moving on to new copy of windows7 this video https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/microsoft-retires-windows-7-can-still-get-copy/ explains that the reason I was able to reuse my OS

Drive in both acer machines is bc they shared the same MOBO.

My new dell DTs mobo is different that’s why virus Guy is sending constant errors.

This video

Says I can use my key code to down load a copy of win7 is this true or false?

Any tips on a clean copy of win7 & DLer tool is appreciated. I have a blank dvd and a dvd burner.
I've never DLed a OS & created a bootable dvd. what I have been doing since virus guy stopped including OS dvds w/ PCs is clone the orginale drive, which isn't a option bc the dell won't bootup w/ this drive so I can't clone it.
thanks

This video

Says I can use my key code to down load a copy of win7 is this true or false?
You've missed one more thing, this video and data was last updated in 2015. Of course, you can no longer use these tools and tips today.
Another thing - you can't download anything with your Windows7 key anywhere, even those servers don't exist anymore.
And you probably won't be able to activate Windows 7 with them anymore, because these servers simply doesn't exist no more. So you'll have the only option to use the DAZ loader and pre-prepared updates, because you can't get anything for Windows 7 from Windows servers anymore.
And what I remembered from the beginning - you move hard drives with the OP system from one computer to another and you want them to work!!!
But why should they work if the whole system is different, probably all the drivers are also different, etc. Also, it sounds like you want to boot into a UEFI machine using the BIOS method but without changing BIOS settings, etc.
How are these things supposed to work?
You said you checked the SSD and it was fine.
Yes, I believe it's still fine because it's not that easy to break it, but I don't understand that, how did you check it?
There is no such device on a Windows computer capable of doing this. Also don't know any third party tool for that.
However, you still have to work pretty hard to break it unless you mechanically try to break it. For example, using a large hammer or a some other sledgehammer.

Back
Top Bottom