The Food & Drink Thread

This was technically Sunday dinner but I smoked the brisket overnight. I decided to go straight Texas with it so I used Killer Hog's TX Brisket Rub and smoked it using post oak. Definitely wasn't disappointed but it was a little too strong for my wife. The slices are from the flat; haven't dug into the point yet.

Attachments

• 20220731_200142[1].jpg
    20220731_200142[1].jpg
    259.4 KB · Views: 1
  • 20220731_200901[1].jpg
    20220731_200901[1].jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 1
  • 20220731_202100[1].jpg
    20220731_202100[1].jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 1
A couple of recents. The first are some Texas twinkies I made from some of the leftover brisket. I made these about a week ago but will be doing more with the next brisket I do. These came out on the hot side as I used some Holy Voodoo rub (from Meat Church) in and on them.

The second is pulled pork that I did yesterday. I used some sweet rub on it, and then added in some apple juice, more rub, and butter when I wrapped it, and then added the fat separated juices back into the meat after I shredded it. I made some awesome sandwiches and we have plenty to eat on for several days.

Attachments

• Twinkies3.jpg
    Twinkies3.jpg
    215.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 20220812_180948[1].jpg
    20220812_180948[1].jpg
    210.7 KB · Views: 3
A couple of recents. The first are some Texas twinkies I made from some of the leftover brisket. I made these about a week ago but will be doing more with the next brisket I do. These came out on the hot side as I used some Holy Voodoo rub (from Meat Church) in and on them.

The second is pulled pork that I did yesterday. I used some sweet rub on it, and then added in some apple juice, more rub, and butter when I wrapped it, and then added the fat separated juices back into the meat after I shredded it. I made some awesome sandwiches and we have plenty to eat on for several days.

I think I could sustain myself quite happily on a low carb diet in Texas looking at what you guys eat.

I think I could sustain myself quite happily on a low carb diet in Texas looking at what you guys eat.
All it takes is a little thought to keep things varied. When I smoke meat I make enough for several meals over several days, but I will also cook other stuff so we're not eating the same thing for days on end. Honestly, Pinterest can be a big help to get started. Once you find some sites that have decent recipes you won't need Pinterest anymore. And once you get into the swing of it you won't even need the food sites.

All it takes is a little thought to keep things varied. When I smoke meat I make enough for several meals over several days, but I will also cook other stuff so we're not eating the same thing for days on end. Honestly, Pinterest can be a big help to get started. Once you find some sites that have decent recipes you won't need Pinterest anymore. And once you get into the swing of it you won't even need the food sites.

Main problem for me would be eating meats like that every day would cost a small fortune here. Not sure about the US buy a good quality steak for one person can easily be $10 or $15 here. Wouldn't really fit within my new monthly groceries budget. I buy some nice meats for a couple meals a week but no more than that.

Main problem for me would be eating meats like that every day would cost a small fortune here. Not sure about the US buy a good quality steak for one person can easily be $10 or $15 here. Wouldn't really fit within my new monthly groceries budget. I buy some nice meats for a couple meals a week but no more than that.
It's expensive here too. 2 weeks ago a pound of cheap crap ground beef was damn near 5 bucks. Cheap no name pack of chicken breast is 12 bucks.

Back
Top Bottom