What You've Just Bought!

You can accurately guage someones wealth in the UK by if they have a ride on lawnmower (you're probably in a £1m+ property if you feel the need for one), but I feel like it doesn't work in the US.
naw... I don't think it is like that here in the U.S., land values are probably much different . Lots of folks have riding lawn mowers.

When I lived out in the country (with 1+ acre lot) I used a John Deere But that thing had a very high operational costs (always breaking down) Now I live just outside of town and I used to use a push mower but then I got older so I hired someone to do it. Since it was costing me more to pay someone and because they are no longer cutting lawns. I decided to get a rider. The only thing I liked about that John Deere was a high resale value, because I always thought it was a piece of crap.
Also because I am scheduled for a spinal fusion in September too.

You can be living on a 30k 1 acre lot and grab yourself a rider from the pawn shop for a few hundred if you can maintain it. Personally, I'll be getting one of the roomba style mowers when we do.

The auto mowers I looked at were like 1200.
i'm sure a 1200 dollar roomba style of a lawn mower would work very good in certain lawns. But my lawn has more than one hill ...as to why I need an XT2 model. I also have two newfound dogs that weigh in around 120+ lbs each. If the hill inclines did not do it in, I'm afraid a missed pile of dog do do after picking up the yard would kill it.... LOL

According to marketing a lot can handle 22 degree slopes. I haven't watched any reviews or anything, but for an acre I intend on having probably 2. One for backyard and one for front. So all I gotta do is weed eat and I'm done.

According to marketing a lot can handle 22 degree slopes. I haven't watched any reviews or anything, but for an acre I intend on having probably 2. One for backyard and one for front. So all I gotta do is weed eat and I'm done.
Let us know how that works. I think those roomba types are a nice idea. There are no TX2 LX42 riders available in my area, or anywhere else. ( Nice of Cub Cadet to tell me that after I set up a purchase...NOT!) but a place in Linden, Mi. has a TX2 LX46 available. I think a 46" cut is a little more than I need. Its only a $200. difference and this model has an electric PTO.
My 1st wife's mom lives close to Linden so it won't be a wasted trip if we stop by for a visit

Let us know how that works. I think those roomba types are a nice idea. There are no TX2 LX42 riders available in my area, or anywhere else. ( Nice of Cub Cadet to tell me that after I set up a purchase...NOT!) but a place in Linden, Mi. has a TX2 LX46 available. I think a 46" cut is a little more than I need. Its only a $200. difference and this model has an electric PTO.
My 1st wife's mom lives close to Linden so it won't be a wasted trip if we stop by for a visit
We're in the planning and choosing stages of our purchase so it'll be a while. I am glad to see they have dropped in like half the cost so by the time I'm sitting on an acre or more it might be cheaper. Looks like you setup the GPS route and boundary via their phone app and it does the rest like detecting things in the yard on it's own. We won't be having anymore dogs so the only thing I really have to worry about is how tall the grass is and station placement outside plus schedule.

Another reason I choose to get one now.... No interest for two years. This offer expires in October so I though with the direction our economy is heading it would be a good idea not to wait. As far as setting up the GPS and areas to cut....too much for me, I'm older now and will be happier with deciding for myself where to mow. I like doing things as easy possible for me. I know once you get things set up for a gps thing it is just a matter of hitting an app on your phone and it is done

Milwaukee Multi Tool.

For years I have put up with no electric saw of any kind. So last month I bought the cheapest damn jigsaw i've ever seen from Aldi, it was like $20 no name brand. Brought it home and cut a meter long plank of plywood no issues, so I was pretty happy for $20. But the jigsaw was corded and there are cuts you can't do easily, so I bought this milwaukee multi tool and a set of blades to complement it. I already have a milwaukee drill and two 4ah batteries so I got it pretty cheap without any extra batteries, under 100 dollars. Only tried it quickly but it seems great, definitely gonna get some use out of it.

Back
Top Bottom