What You've Just Bought!

Whelp. Looks like my laptop was lost in the mail. Insurance has paid out so I got my money back at least.
Ordered upgrades for my desktop instead.
Bought a new motherboard, RAM, CPU cooler, and CPU.

i9-12900k, 32GB's corsair memory, and a Gigabyte B660i mini ITX board. And a Noctua cooler for it. Gotta all fit in my little Dan A4 case. Everything syould be here by Friday. Ordered on Amazon Japan so no international / APO shipping

I forgot you live in Japan. I still wanna visit that place but I speak zero Japanese and think i'd accidentally do something really offensive. I've seen they have a lot of non obvious customs and manners.

In other news, I found Amazon sell multipacks of sugar free jello that I can make at home for about 1/3rd the cost i've been buying jello at Tesco. For some reason it's really expensive and costs 6 dollars for 6 small individual jello portions. I feel like jello is so cheap to manufacture it should cost about 15 cents for six pots of it...

Last edited:
I'm not sure what the laws are in TX but over here in Mich the dealer is required by law that you have a week or 10 day's (can't recall exactly) to return at no questions asked.
Idk either because I've only bought one new car ever besides this truck, but if the lender hasn't actually handed over money for the vehicle then they have no choice but to take it back because I technically haven't paid a cent for it.
Why are you not going with an AMD set up?
Not that it really matters to me... just curious
Alder Lake is faster, so a better choice really. Even I'm moving over myself after the 4th of July, quicker if I gotta take this truck back.

Idk either because I've only bought one new car ever besides this truck, but if the lender hasn't actually handed over money for the vehicle then they have no choice but to take it back because I technically haven't paid a cent for it.

Alder Lake is faster, so a better choice really. Even I'm moving over myself after the 4th of July, quicker if I gotta take this truck back.
I've built a few of the ryzens and I've had problems with two builds out of 8. When ever I built any pc's before the ryzens I've either been extremely lucky or those bulldozers were just more reliable. I haven't been able to do anything with an amd because I can not get cheap chips like I did before covid. Intel's just seem to be more stable and I have not built a new pc in over a year, but my next pc will be an intel.

I've built a few of the ryzens and I've had problems with two builds out of 8. When ever I built any pc's before the ryzens I've either been extremely lucky or those bulldozers were just more reliable. I haven't been able to do anything with an amd because I can not get cheap chips like I did before covid. Intel's just seem to be more stable and I have not built a new pc in over a year, but my next pc will be an intel.
I've built a ton of Ryzen based systems, they're rock solid. It's the IF and RAM ratio that gets people, and after all these years it's still not a painless plug and play setup unless you want to run at the default 2400MHz DDR4. I'm only moving over because after 5 years of Ryzen being a thing they still haven't addressed their USB issue and I don't want to leave any performance on the table with this card in terms of IPC. Not only that but there are just certain quirks I've seen that bug me. What I'm not doing is going DDR5 due to the early adopter issues many are having UNLESS my friend trades his board for my VR stuff.

Just bought a Corsair MP600 Pro LPX 4TB to finish up the build. Upgrading from my super old 2TB Intel NVME. Was always running out of space.

I forgot you live in Japan. I still wanna visit that place but I speak zero Japanese and think i'd accidentally do something really offensive. I've seen they have a lot of non obvious customs and manners.

In other news, I found Amazon sell multipacks of sugar free jello that I can make at home for about 1/3rd the cost i've been buying jello at Tesco. For some reason it's really expensive and costs 6 dollars for 6 small individual jello portions. I feel like jello is so cheap to manufacture it should cost about 15 cents for six pots of it...
:lol: I still don't speak much Japanese. Most people are forgiving of the "gaijins" for not knowing customs. I don't plan on leaving Japan for a while. I love it here. Just went to Hiroshima and Kobe over the weekend. Been to Kyoto and Osaka a dozen or so times... Tokyo only sparingly -- it's a bit far from me.

:lol: I still don't speak much Japanese. Most people are forgiving of the "gaijins" for not knowing customs. I don't plan on leaving Japan for a while. I love it here. Just went to Hiroshima and Kobe over the weekend. Been to Kyoto and Osaka a dozen or so times... Tokyo only sparingly -- it's a bit far from me.

I'd love to visit Tokyo but the closest i've gotten so far is the YouTube street tours of it and flying over the city is MSFS 2020. lol.

Back
Top Bottom