What You've Just Bought!

With money I'd do to my current car what I want to do, and have an F150 Lightning for daily driving.

Is the F150 Lightning the electric variant ? I can't believe how cheap that thing is brand new in the US. Its a big electric car for the amount of money you could spend on a well specced hatchback here. I'd buy one too if I lived in the US. But too big for UK roads and towns.

Is the F150 Lightning the electric variant ? I can't believe how cheap that thing is brand new in the US. Its a big electric car for the amount of money you could spend on a well specced hatchback here. I'd buy one too if I lived in the US. But too big for UK roads and towns.
Yea it's their electric truck, and IMO the best looking regular electric vehicle on the market currently.

Speaking of that I bought a truck today. 2021 Dodge Ram 1500 Classic with only 17k miles on it.

Niiiice! With the 5.7L Hemi right ? ;)

I'm always glad that the show 90210 existed because whenever I go to a US website like I just did to check out the Ram, I can always remember that when it asks to provide a zipcode.
No actually, not the Hemi. I got the V6 model because all the Hemi models are over 35 grand. The plan with this truck is to use it as a second account to boost my credit while also having a nice ass truck. In 12 months I'll trade it in for a Rebel or Lightning when I have more down and I know for a fact I'll get a single digit interest rate. I don't want a 16% APR on a vehicle that costs 50-60k.
Here's the truck, and the truck next to my car. HUGE size difference. Also for bonus points, a Hellcat Redeye Widebody Charger ooooof.

IMG_9135.JPG
IMG_9136.JPG
IMG_9133.JPG

No actually, not the Hemi. I got the V6 model because all the Hemi models are over 35 grand. The plan with this truck is to use it as a second account to boost my credit while also having a nice ass truck. In 12 months I'll trade it in for a Rebel or Lightning when I have more down and I know for a fact I'll get a single digit interest rate. I don't want a 16% APR on a vehicle that costs 50-60k.
Here's the truck, and the truck next to my car. HUGE size difference. Also for bonus points, a Hellcat Redeye Widebody Charger ooooof.

View attachment 14780
View attachment 14781
View attachment 14782

Well, enjoy. Looks like a nice truck.

Nice looking truck, I just hope that that engine is not under powered for a heavy frame. Been a lot of reports about it and the fuel system. My '04 has the "hemi tick" from the broken bolt on the exhaust manifold. So I've been looking at newer models... And that is one issue that is making me hesitate. But overall you've got a good truck. Hopefully the 17K is not all highway miles, so you can figure things out pretty quick. If you feel so inclined, take it to a shop you trust for a once over and let them see if there are any issues that are unreported/need fixing so the dealer can fix that shit before lemon law kicks in.

But your in Texas... Why'd you get a baby truck? :p (Just kidding, I know prices are a bitch)

Nice looking truck, I just hope that that engine is not under powered for a heavy frame. Been a lot of reports about it and the fuel system. My '04 has the "hemi tick" from the broken bolt on the exhaust manifold. So I've been looking at newer models... And that is one issue that is making me hesitate. But overall you've got a good truck. Hopefully the 17K is not all highway miles, so you can figure things out pretty quick. If you feel so inclined, take it to a shop you trust for a once over and let them see if there are any issues that are unreported/need fixing so the dealer can fix that shit before lemon law kicks in.

But your in Texas... Why'd you get a baby truck? :p (Just kidding, I know prices are a bitch)

Lol you Americans and thinking a 305hp V6 might be underpowered :ROFLMAO:

Trucks in the UK (albeit usually a bit smaller than that Ram) would often not have a V6 with 300hp as the top spec engine. Must trucks like a Toyota Hilux come with a circa 150hp diesel here for the base model. My Volvo V40 that I just bought has the 2nd most powerful engine in the range, a 190hp diesel. There are like 5 engine choices below it that are less power, all the way down to like 90hp I think.

I had an 01 1500 with the Hemi that had the fuel pump go out and the exhaust leak. It went 230,000 miles before the pump went out but I think those issues are "pre RAM" problems. I haven't heard of many actual complaints from real people I know that have the V6 models yet from the 2018 and above models. Wife's old Grand Caravan had the Charger V6 in it and it would flat out go and we had no issues in the 2.5 years of ownership with it either (engine wise anyways).

In terms of standard truck size, it's actually bigger than Ford F150s, but I would never drive a 2500 or 250 and higher model truck. In fact, if it wasn't for the wife and kids I'd have a standard cab for the truck to be a bit smaller. The biggest I'd go is a Rebel or Raptor, but prices are insane right now so I'm waiting it out with this and since I haven't had a truck in 12 years it's nice to sit higher than everybody again. I just can't drive it worth a shit anymore because I'm so used to the Mustang's size.
Lol you Americans and thinking a 305hp V6 might be underpowered :ROFLMAO:

Trucks in the UK (albeit usually a bit smaller than that Ram) would often not have a V6 with 300hp as the top spec engine. Must trucks like a Toyota Hilux come with a circa 150hp diesel here for the base model. My Volvo V40 that I just bought has the 2nd most powerful engine in the range, a 190hp diesel. There are like 5 engine choices below it that are less power, all the way down to like 90hp I think.
Tbf the weight plays a big part in it. It has a higher gear ratio in the rear than my Mustang which has less HP but it goes off the line way quicker because of the weight. With how stupid some people here drive being able to dash across a street or get on the highway really quickly is pretty important.

Also diesel motors usually make up for HP numbers with high torque so it works out way better for city driving. For instance I believe your 170hp will be almost 300 in torque which is more than the V8 in my Mustang.

Not me but my son just bought an 85" Samsung 8K TV to use as a gaming monitor. He spent $3800 on the TV, $500 for a bigger desk and $32 for an analog to digital adapter to be able to connect the TV to his stereo. Damn thing weighs about 120 pounds so was a bear just to lift it to put it up on the desk!

Not me but my son just bought an 85" Samsung 8K TV to use as a gaming monitor. He spent $3800 on the TV, $500 for a bigger desk and $32 for an analog to digital adapter to be able to connect the TV to his stereo. Damn thing weighs about 120 pounds so was a bear just to lift it to put it up on the desk!
8k? Why 8k?

Back
Top Bottom