Random Chit Chat

Seriously, some people just choose to wake up and stick a pole up their rears. You can't give a statement, especially negative, without expecting no bashing these days. Oh, I also tried to report them to see if it works (not that I care, really) and one of them was successful and had it deleted :). Let's see how it goes with the other two.

What do you guys think of Facebook's policing policy? If you use FB, that is.

Seriously, some people just choose to wake up and stick a pole up their rears. You can't give a statement, especially negative, without expecting no bashing these days. Oh, I also tried to report them to see if it works (not that I care, really) and one of them was successful and had it deleted :). Let's see how it goes with the other two.
On here or on FB?

Don't get me started on that shit platform.

Facebook is absolute trash and I've seen them do contradictory things so many times it isn't even funny. It would be nice if it just died a worse death than Myspace did.

I hate Facebook

but...

The fact they are investing $10bn a year in everything to do with VR and AR and freaking great. I wish it was almost any other company on earth doing it, but I am glad someone is. It needed a company that were happy to commit big finances despite the lack of short term return on investment, and Facebook/Meta have done that so that's cool. Apparently Apple are doing the same in secret, but i'm not sure they are investing $10bn a year.

Doesn't stop Facebook and Zuckerbot being massive assholes though.

At this point it doesn't really matter who's investing what into VR and AR, it's been years and it still hasn't got off the ground. Facebook buying Oculus and requiring a profile put a ton of people off, so doing their whole Meta thing won't work either. What they don't understand is a name change won't change the appearance of the company to the world.

Something weird happened today. I received an SMS for an internet purchase from Apple.com.

Called apple to see what's going on. They said many other payments were done using this Master Card (it's actually a debit card with credit card feature).

They asked me if I want a refund for the last 3 purchases (while only one actually withdrew money from my account) and once that's done, the card will be banned. I said okay as long as the card cannot be used again so whoever did it can't.

I'm certain it was only one transaction ever, which is the one I received today on SMS that started all this. Neither I nor anyone I might have shared the card's info uses any Apple subscriptions. The amount is small so it's probably a monthly subscription, not some merchandise.

The amount is ~$9 USD. What could that be?

prime audio...prime books or prime tv? My wife said her prime book was $9. She recently went back to the free book with our regular prime service. They do a free trial and then charge you automatically on your card after that.

Last edited:
At this point it doesn't really matter who's investing what into VR and AR, it's been years and it still hasn't got off the ground. Facebook buying Oculus and requiring a profile put a ton of people off, so doing their whole Meta thing won't work either. What they don't understand is a name change won't change the appearance of the company to the world.
PC VR hasnt taken off but Quest 2 has sold 10 million units, has high retention rate and lots of developers with profitable games. One of the changes they just announced is detaching Quest login from Facebook if you want.

Back
Top Bottom