Random Chit Chat

Installed Windows 11 on my beefier work laptop with the 8th gen 6 core Xeon, 64GB of RAM, and a Quadro P2000. Used my modified install again to bypass the security shit and day to day performance is the same. My only complaint so far is I need a toolkit to remove Defender and the taskbar modifications but it's only been a business day so we'll see. Although I don't do HDR stuff on my computers it is nice to be able to leave HDR on and Auto HDR on without degrading SDR desktop space colors.

I can almost without a doubt say that my issues on the other laptop are because of the AMD GPU, as the rest of the specs are quite similar except it's a U class CPU.

Odd, I still notice no day to day perf distance on my Ryzen PC. Everything is as fast and responsive as it always was on 10. I've seen and read the reports that it's worse. But nothing I notice without benchmarking atleast.

Maybe i'm just getting old and slow.

Stupid new Win10 update policies are doing it again. Suddenly in the update settings I find a notification that my computer does not support Win11. It's like it wanted to download it and keep it here and I don't want that. Worst case scenario Win could have tried to install it if it was supported perhaps? Even if not, it did happen with other updates.

After checking, It's the TPM 2.0 that stood in the way. Good thing it's disabled in the BIOS.

And I hope Win11 gets back to the old update system where you can disable it completely. Professionals could use that.

If you do not want auto updates then you should run an LTSC version of 10. Called Long Term Service Channel
I remember reading about it and it was A win10 Enterprise only and it's not good for users like me. Updates should be up to the user to begin with so all Windows variants should be built for that, avoiding shady workarounds.

Good catch, tho.

Well didn't expect that news in my Twitter feed tonight. China enters the FOBS game, and with a hypersonic glider to boot. I guess to be expected with US persuing ABM defences.

Well didn't expect that news in my Twitter feed tonight. China enters the FOBS game, and with a hypersonic glider to boot. I guess to be expected with US persuing ABM defences.
China is a major super power that we have been feeding tons of $$$ to for a very long time now and this dog is going to bite really hard when it does. China has the U.S. by the short and curly's. If they stop all shipments to U.S. we won't be able to even wipe our own asses.

China is a major super power that we have been feeding tons of $$$ to for a very long time now and this dog is going to bite really hard when it does. China has the U.S. by the short and curly's. If they stop all shipments to U.S. we won't be able to even wipe our own asses.
A lot of defence analysts expect them to make a move on Taiwan between 2024 and 27. It will be so, so bad.
Proud to announce the newest member of the family, Levi! Born 7.2lbs @ 20"
Congrats man! I need to get me one of those.

Back
Top Bottom