The Food & Drink Thread

I made ribs Sunday at my sister-in-law's request; she is having stomach surgery at the end of the month and starts on liquids on the 15th. I told her I was making her a "Last Supper" and she guffawed. I smoked two racks of whole spare ribs, smoked some potatoes (cooked them in the smoker with the ribs and baked them in the smoke, highly recommended), made corn on the cob, and a huge salad. I took the last two bones from Sunday as well as a few from my last batch of ribs for lunch today. I also smoked another chuck roast once the ribs were done but it is in the fridge; probably going to pull it for sammiches.

I'm taking a week of vacation next week as I have to use it or lose it. I have on deck a pork butt, two racks of St. Louis ribs, a half of a pork loin, and a 13 pound brisket.

:D

I didn't get to cook everything that I had planned last week. I did get to make the pulled pork and the brisket. I just finished making burnt ends out of the point of the brisket.

Attachments

• 20210920_185401[1].jpg
    20210920_185401[1].jpg
    283.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 20210925_154925[1].jpg
    20210925_154925[1].jpg
    219.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 20210930_203319[1].jpg
    20210930_203319[1].jpg
    270.7 KB · Views: 0
Lately I've really been getting in too my home cooked sandwiches, from using tortia wrap bread to plain old sliced white. Made a cooked tuna wrap for tea today, mixed a tin of tuna with a cap full of white distilled malt vinager, some sweetcorn, two table spoons of salad cream, and salt and pepper to taste. Wrapped it up in a white plain wrap and cooked it in the pan for no more than 30 seconds each side. I've learned that wrapping a tortia wrap bread has an art about it to stop the filling falling out but man, lately looking at the smaller items when I go shopping such as the the little things like various condiments you can bye really make a difference to the overall finished product. :D ..

For Lunch, I had an old fashion egg salad sandwich and for supper it will be a TV diner chicken and mashed potatoes since our annoying landlord keeps shutting off our water without warning. I really wanted to make crispy fried chicken, mashed potatoes and cream style corn.

I made a Mississippi Pork Roast yesterday, as well as smoked a pork shoulder. We had the Mississippi pork roast for supper; my wife fixed green beans, mac n cheese, and cornbread to go with it. I pulled the smoked shoulder last night and we heated some up today to make BBQ pulled pork sandwiches for lunch.

Back
Top Bottom