What Antivirus And Malware Do You Use?

What Antivirus & Malware Do You Use?

• Total voters
Actually, even Win10's built-in AV could cause some trouble for your system (not in missing attacks, this time around), but to the minimum. I'm a gamer and I use what's called "trainer" to cheat in games. Some of those trainers carry programs under "false positive" (it's used with computer viruses too not just biological). It is true that it's better safe than sorry (I stopped using false positive trainers because of that) but it is there even if it's a trivial thing. That's an example I faced. Not sure if there are others.

Actually, even Win10's built-in AV could cause some trouble for your system (not in missing attacks, this time around), but to the minimum. I'm a gamer and I use what's called "trainer" to cheat in games. Some of those trainers carry programs under "false positive" (it's used with computer viruses too not just biological). It is true that it's better safe than sorry (I stopped using false positive trainers because of that) but it is there even if it's a trivial thing. That's an example I faced. Not sure if there are others.
Cracks, trainers, cheat engine, or anything that can inject will be flagged as false positive. I've used trainers for years so it's normal for me. This is why Windows activators are flagged too because they inject. I personally have Defender fully disabled and only run Malwarebytes as a sanity check every 6 months or so. Every other machine in the house, I don't risk it with them lol.

Hey, I use for Realtime Protection: Bitdefender Total Security+Voodoo-Shield Free & OSAmor.
System hardening tools: Syshardener default settings.
On-Demand Scanners: Malwarebytes Free+HitmanPro+Norton Power Eraser & Emsisoft Emergency Kit.:)
My OS is Windows 10 Home 2004.

I got tired of the new windows 10 messing with my old computer. I went back to windows 7. Even with that it has tried to install junk i don't want in it. I finally got it to quit bugging me about switching up to windows 10. I still get the buggy microsoft edge chromium. The main issue is it will not leave my google chrome password alone. It will not let me keep my password! Won't let me sign in with it. This has been one of the main issues i have had since i almost started using chromium. I still think its a bug in the program. I am not changing my password just to maybe make it leave me alone. I don't need all that crap on my computer. I will just stay with a good program and let the other that have a good time with Windows 10 just keep taking the chance of it screwing there computer up. I think the main reason windows 10 works like it does is old hardware. Mine is 10 year old software. It was from the windows xp software. I have just for kicks used the xp programs to see how it worked. It was faster than windows 10. weird. Windows 7 is the same. Forget 8 and 8.1 and Vista. I don't have a disc for ME or 2000. Also my 98se disc is damaged. I don't have a old copy of windows 95. I would have been interested to see what this computer would have done with that old software. One other thing is i had to connect my computer to a wireless board to connect on line. it don't like the hard wired connection with XP. I am sure i could find the drivers package for it. Windows 10 version 1909 worked pretty good but the Chromium would not let me use it without changing the user name and password. I finally tried that and it would change the user name but everytime i tried to use my new password it would come up with a crazy thing of wanting me to let them send me a special code on my phone. It would go into a feedback loop that would not let me use it.
Now, I know there are folks that have not had any issues, I bet they have pretty new hardware. Back to what i said in the beginning, I have 10 year old Hardware from the xp era. Why would i want to buy all new hardware just so i can maybe...use windows 10. If this compute dies, I may just use my Android and say the hell with windows all together.

I had one laptop that had that installed. It wasn't to bad really. If microsoft had made more improvements before they came out with XP it would be the best! From windows 7 look how long it has been and still getting the bugs out of windows 10. Older computers won't work with it very well. Mine worked great up till they came out with v2004. They are still trying to get the bugs out of it. They just came out with a updated version of Chromium to addresses bugs that keep coming up in that program. I will never understand why great is not great enough to let it the hell alone. They started up with the windows 10 and it was pretty good till they made v2004. They even reverted back to 1909 for awhile as they tried to get the bugs out of that. Myself, i am not a mouse that loves to be to be shot up with crap to see what this does...

Windows 10 is in a constant perpetual beta, Because M$ makes the claim it will be the "last" o.s., it will forever be "improving"
Windows 10 users face numerous issues installing the latest KB4579311 cumulative update, and for those who can install, they are reporting various bugs, including performance issues.
https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/ne...-update-wont-install-causes-explorer-crashes/
Microsoft is making their users paying customers be their beta testers....proof is in their employment record from 2014, just before M$ released Windows 10.....
The software giant said it would cut 18,000 jobs within the next year -- about 14% of the company's 125,000 employees. That's by far the largest round of layoffs in the company's history.
https://money.cnn.com/2014/07/17/technology/enterprise/microsoft-job-cuts/index.html
If your using Windows 10, your a paying customer from your data and adverts that your being fleeced for. Microsoft dumps crap out, and then waits for it's beta testers (you) to find it's bugs

Last edited:
I use Bit Defender because it was rated as top protection. I watched an actual test against malware web blocking and downloaded threats and received an outstanding score so I decided to try it and began using the protection on the Windows 10 laptops.

Back
Top Bottom