The Food & Drink Thread

I recently came across this YouTube channel that teaches you how to bake, but also adds in that ASMR aspect of baking and eating. It also doesn't help that I'm currently obsessed with Korean Garlic Bread. o_O

Picked up two racks of baby backs on the way home. I plan on cooking them one evening this week. I also picked up a large pork butt that I will be making Mississippi Pork Roast with on Saturday to take to our church's Homecoming on Sunday (it is actually better the next day hence why I am making it on Saturday).

Smoked three racks of baby backs (bought another during the week), sauced them with Sweet Baby Ray's sugar free. Also made some creamed spinach, a Paula Dean's corn casserole, and a low carb cheesecake. Also got the Mississippi pork roast made and in the fridge.

Attachments

• 20210731_163949[1].jpg
    20210731_163949[1].jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 2
Today was shake and Bake chicken, mashed potatoes, cream style corn and strawberry yogurt.

Tomorrow it will be Steak with mushrooms, sautéed sweet onions, with bell peppers in butter with A1 sauce, mashed potatoes with brown gravy and green beans with butter, watercress and seasonings.

I smoked some buffalo wings and chicken drumsticks yesterday. I seasoned the wings with Lawry's seasoned salt and cayenne, and then sauced them with equal parts of Sweet Baby Ray's hickory, Sriracha, and Frank's Buffalo, then put them back in the smoke for about 10 minutes. Pic is of the wings (obviously), the drums got rained out and I had to finish them in the oven.

Today I smoked some brats and baby back ribs. I rubbed the ribs with The Gospel rub from Meat Church and sauced them with some G.Hughes sugar free BBQ sauce. Rain intruded again so I didn't get a finished pic.

I realllllly need to get the back deck covered so weather won't mess with my cooking.

Attachments

• 20210820_161920[1].jpg
    20210820_161920[1].jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 20210821_113918[1].jpg
    20210821_113918[1].jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 1
That sounds delicious Trotter. I had lazy spaghetti with a side of salad with ranch dressing, bacon bits and croutons and Italian bread topped with land O Lakes butter the other day and had leftovers the following day.

Today I'm having bologna sandwiches chips and veggies with dip since the weather temps are high. No cooking when it's too hot lol

I recently came across this YouTube channel that teaches you how to bake, but also adds in that ASMR aspect of baking and eating. It also doesn't help that I'm currently obsessed with Korean Garlic Bread. o_O
My mouth is watering just watching the video! Did you say cream cheese! Your not the only one who will obsess over this! I am definitely going to make this and let you know how it turns out! :thumbsup:

Smoked a pork butt for pulled pork today. I put on a few cajun brats with it to start, smoked it for six hours and then wrapped for two. The second pic is after I let it rest for an hour but before I pulled it. It didn't even need sauce.

Attachments

• 20210828_084424[1].jpg
    20210828_084424[1].jpg
    221.4 KB · Views: 2
  • 20210828_180150[1].jpg
    20210828_180150[1].jpg
    233.9 KB · Views: 2
Smoked a pork butt for pulled pork today. I put on a few cajun brats with it to start, smoked it for six hours and then wrapped for two. The second pic is after I let it rest for an hour but before I pulled it. It didn't even need sauce.

I don't eat pork (let alone butts) but man that looks good!

Back
Top Bottom