Mouse/Keyboard not working during windows 7 Pro Installation

Get the Device ID for your on board ethernet:
https://www.devicedriverfinder.com/...to-check-the-hardware-id-for-a-windows-device
You can google that Hardware ID number for Windows 7 and see where that can get you. Your Hardware ID should look something like this:
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_15B8&SUBSYS_E0001458&REV_31
Hi, I've checked but didn't seem to find anything for:
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0D4D&SUBSYS_86721043&REV_00
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0D4D&SUBSYS_86721043
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0D4D&CC_020000
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0D4D&CC_0200

Having difficulty finding that driver for Windows 7 too.
Worse case scenario is you get an older pcie ethernet card on ebay that will use Windows 7

Edit: found this:
https://www.intel.com/content/www/u...apter-driver-for-windows-7-final-release.html
can't say if it will work positively but before you try to install this driver, remove all the other LAN drivers via the device manager first,
After you reboot Windows will try to install native drivers, but obviously that is not going to happen.
Install the Windows 7 Intel driver that I linked to and cross your fingers
Intel® Ethernet Connection I219-V

Last edited:
Worse case scenario is you get an older pcie ethernet card on ebay that will use Windows 7

https://www.intel.com/content/www/u...apter-driver-for-windows-7-final-release.html
can't say if it will work positively but before you try to install this driver, remove all the other LAN drivers via the device manager first,
After you reboot Windows will try to install native drivers, but obviously that is not going to happen.
Hello, yeah I'll have to get a network adapter... thanks tho for letting me know

When I was trying to install windows 10 on my disk, I was getting this error: "The selected disk has an MBR partition table...", tried converting to GPT, but didn't work. Turned on Legacy mode for Storage device and it worked.

But for windows 7, when I did all of this, I had no drives shown during the setup... so I had to enable AHCI for it to work, and of course I have a SATA drive.
Ok that makes more sense.
I tried using those drivers, but I was getting this error :"Cannot install drivers. No Intel(R) Adapters are present in this computer"
You have to manually point it to the driver, not install using the software setup and by that I mean inside Windows not in NTLite.

Exact same thing I already linked.

Does the OP know how to manually install a driver via the device manager?
If OP wants to play with older OS they'll have to. Even INF modification and driver signing verification disabling (like I had to do for Intel 218-v in Server 2019).
so do I have to open the exe and take the raw drivers ?
You need to use 7zip to extract the exe into a folder. The drivers you want should be in the PRO1000 folder. You'll need to use the device manager to update the driver for the NIC. Use "browse to the folder....." to show it where to look.

If OP wants to play with older OS they'll have to. Even INF modification and driver signing verification disabling (like I had to do for Intel 218-v in Server 2019).

You need to use 7zip to extract the exe into a folder. The drivers you want should be in the PRO1000 folder. You'll need to use the device manager to update the driver for the NIC. Use "browse to the folder....." to show it where to look.
Here's what I got from trying to install with device manager:

Attachments

• 83757767-FC9E-4D61-9BDE-49CEF1153CEB.jpeg
    83757767-FC9E-4D61-9BDE-49CEF1153CEB.jpeg
    130.5 KB · Views: 4
Back
Top Bottom