What You've Just Bought!

I've had a few of those adapters too. Sometimes they work, sometimes not, when it comes to a Windows install... I think it has something to do with how the board will recognize the drive with the adapter installed. If you have an existing Windows and want to use that with an older IDE optical drive to Sata.... then I have not had any issues doing that

I've had a few of those adapters too. Sometimes they work, sometimes not, when it comes to a Windows install... I think it has something to do with how the board will recognize the drive with the adapter installed. If you have an existing Windows and want to use that with an older IDE optical drive to Sata.... then I have not had any issues doing that
These particular ones act as a passthrough, so the board itself only sees the drive. I now have 3 of them because they work so well, and even work reverse (IDE drive to SATA port).

Got a few new toys from a buddy... IBM DR-DS3524, and a pair of LSI 9212-4i4e cards setup to act as HBA's... Been tinkering all weekend to get this thing to work and finally got the array in it to come up in windows... 1.3GB/s read/write was rather fun to see on 10 year old platters. Going to throw in a few SSD's and see what I can get with them, not too sure what I will get as it's a SAS uplink, probably already pushing the limit with 1.3GB/s.

As I'm allowed to use any device for my new job (machines aren't domain-joined) bought a gaming laptop for a) performance and b) to use while I'm away from home. Went for the Asus Strix G513QE-HN062T - basically Ryzen 5 5600H and a 3050 Ti. It only came with 8GB of RAM, but it was cheaper for me to get it with less RAM and upgrade it myself.

I reserved the Steam Deck for $4. Looks really cool.

As I'm allowed to use any device for my new job (machines aren't domain-joined) bought a gaming laptop for a) performance and b) to use while I'm away from home. Went for the Asus Strix G513QE-HN062T - basically Ryzen 5 5600H and a 3050 Ti. It only came with 8GB of RAM, but it was cheaper for me to get it with less RAM and upgrade it myself.

Long time no speak! what you working as these days ?

Bought a Chinese knock off mechanical keyboard with "blue" switches and "RGB" for my teenager. Laptop she's been using is now getting failing ports so time to build another PC (I didn't have a spare keyboard I'd want to give a kid).

@PP Mguire Techist says today is your birthday. Happy birthday :tongue:

Recently bought a few things: a PineTime because I <3 open source and a game called Songs of Syx. I love these types of games.

Back
Top Bottom