Windows 10 audio issue

It wasn't like this maybe a little over a month ago.

Worked perfectly fine and the only thing done has been windows updates.

It wasn't like this maybe a little over a month ago.

Worked perfectly fine and the only thing done has been windows updates.
Windows updates must be your problem then. There is probably an error in the developers programing scripts regarding Windows update drivers that caused acceleration on every other boot.

Yup prob a faulty update, but I don't know which one.

Microsoft is known for bad updates.

I should have jumped on this right when I first started having the issue.

Yup prob a faulty update, but I don't know which one.

Microsoft is known for bad updates.

I should have jumped on this right when I first started having the issue.
I know what Microsoft is like. I was thinking that if you uninstall the updates or roll back the drivers for the audio device may resolve the issue.

The audio device drivers haven't changed since I installed the card maybe 2 years ago.

Thing is I only know about when I started having the issue so I've no clue which updates to uninstall.

I'm assuming it happened at least a month ago so I need to look to at least a month back.

I should see if the other identical PC is doing it.

Just checked and the stopwatch on it is running fine.

I'll restart it later this evening and see if the stopwatch is counting properly.

I currently have OBS up and working so I can't risk a restart at the moment.

Oddly enough the other desktop is just fine.

I have an idea. I bet since your other desktop works just fine, that your sound card is failing. Maybe you need to replace the sound card on the one with the audio issue with a new one or you can experiment and try the choppy soundcard in a different computer to determine whether or not the sound card is failing or if it is another piece of hardware like the CMOS battery that Joe mentioned.

There is probably some type of hardware in the system that is either corrupt or failing and may need to be replace

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom