Windows 11

It's NT10 kernel so I'm 98% positive, it's just not advertised and the real version needed is 1.2 for TPM like for 10 to run Secure Boot. The dev builds run perfectly fine without it. I have a serious feeling this big TPM 2.0 thing is for OEMs, and they're going to get a ton of backlash from the enterprise that are still running pre 8th gen Intel in certain areas. On the flip side, you don't need the actual module in the board for DIY. You need to enable a setting for both in the bios IF the board has the ability to enable it. CPUs from both companies have supported CPU based TPM for years, they are just disabled by default because we aren't OEM builders. It's PTT for Intel dating back to Haswell, and PSP fTPM for AMD to Ryzen 2000. Again though, if they want adoption rates they will eventually kill this requirement or every gamer will stick to 10 beyond EOL date like the 7 and XP days.

I've already made mention of using Intel's PTT or AMD's fPTM option. I also know that there is a work in progress to over ride The 11 installer from detecting the PTM

Mine failed the compatibility but said it was because of fPTM. I rebooted, accessed BIOS, turned it on, booted, and then retested and am now good to go.

I've already made mention of using Intel's PTT or AMD's fPTM option. I also know that there is a work in progress to over ride The 11 installer from detecting the PTM
Yet you quoted me about disabling secure boot. I don't run secure boot on any of my machines, not even my server. That's why I said that, and this

Again though, if they want adoption rates they will eventually kill this requirement or every gamer will stick to 10 beyond EOL date like the 7 and XP days.
Their "forced upgrade" shit is hoping gamers will want Directstorage enough to hop on the bandwagon. Problem is, if they don't take away this requirement nobody will care about Directstorage and we both know Microsoft will want adoption rates of that and W11 to move quickly.

Just my two cents, Windows 11 isn't going to sale much. No one is going to pay more then they already have for another chip or motherboard. like most of the rest of us will stick with whatever we have. That said, windows 11 may just go the way of the dodo bird

It will mostly affect those older boards that do not have PTT, fPTM or a TPM port on the board. Those might be really old boards though. I have a 2009 MSI X58 board the grandkids use and even that has a TPM port

Yet you quoted me about disabling secure boot. I don't run secure boot on any of my machines, not even my server.
Whats the deal?

I do not use Secure boot either.... running Windows 7. Why would I care if you use Secure Boot?
I just did not know if Secure Boot had to be enabled to run Windows 11?

Whats the deal?

I do not use Secure boot either.... running Windows 7. Why would I care if you use Secure Boot?
I just did not know if Secure Boot had to be enabled to run Windows 11?
Maybe it was my bad rushing my initial reply about disabling Secure Boot. Secure Boot requires TPM, and in this case for Secure Boot to work properly for W11 a certain UEFI and TPM 2.0 is required. OEMs are required to have Secure Boot enabled when shipping, so TPM 2.0 is required by default for them. That's why I originally said just disable Secure Boot, it should default back to the original TPM 1.2 requirement which all of us should be on right now anyways, and then you replied with the chart. In the chart it says Secure Boot capable, but doesn't say required.

I then proceeded to say later, if they DO make it a hard requirement, they will retract it later I'm sure officially because we both know they won't have the adoption rates due to nobody going out and getting a TPM 2.0 chip for their computer. Before that bypass hacks will be made and I'm sure MSMG Toolkit will provide a way to create a custom ISO later too.
Edit: A lot of places are saying you need it enabled to install, I'll check it out later after an official ISO is out.

Back
Top Bottom