Random Chit Chat

Automotive manufacture's do the same thing, if you look at car styles over the decades.... they go from rounded look to sharp corner look. It helps sales to change styles
Unfortunately it's the other way around in the brand I liked (and stopped liking since they started going rounded looking).

Funny thing is in cars I prefer angled looking cars than rounded ones. The opposite compared to OS windows. Angles in car bodies (and lights only slightly rounded) make them look more masculine and aggressive to me. I would take Chev. Caprice 89 over 96 anytime (if it has ABS).

No, but we have too much sand and enough worn streets and bad infrastructure where I go. I don't think it's always that when it comes to such cars. It seems heavy enough to skid over any thing really. Used a Grand Marquis 89 without ABS for sometime to practically know that. Nothing like Saab and Toyota.

I don't think ABS is really critical unless the car is heavy enough to need it or the breaks are old design that tightens quickly which makes it harder to use (had this problem with the Marquis). On the the hand I drove a mid-size sedan for years without ABS and it was perfectly fine because of its lighter weight and good breaks. And btw, it was 86. An 86 with better designed breaks than a 89. Yeah, that's how German cars were back at the day compared to other cars.

Note: all "without ABS" I mentioned so far means the cars were not fitted or designed with one. Not that it was out of service.

Mine has been out of service since a shop screwed up my ABS pump. Slam the brakes they will lock up. ABS being off for some reason the car turns off traction control too.

Mine has been out of service since a shop screwed up my ABS pump. Slam the brakes they will lock up. ABS being off for some reason the car turns off traction control too.

Cars over here have to have a yearly health check, an ABS issue would be an immediate fail and your car would be off the road until you fixed it.

I read somewhere that Win10 is gonna be the last in the series. Further upgrades will be within it, not a different OS. But nothing lives forever.

Those names are codenames typically given to the OS during the development stage, not the name of the OS. Just like Win Vista was codenamed Longhorn. Tho in WIn10's case it the name of the update. Version 21H2 is already on my computer. It even came late for this main computer. Other standby computers received like 2 weeks earlier. Yeah, I keep updating them.
Maybe some things last forever after all...

Back
Top Bottom