USB cable question

ikonix360

Daemon Poster
Is there a USB cable that has a female USB A end with two USB A male ends where one just has the data lines and the other has the power wires?

I use a USB HDMI capture box and it isn't the typical pass through where both input and output HDMI jacks are in parallel so whenever the computer its USB cable is connected to is turned off no signal comes out of the output jack.

So if I want the third monitor on the main PC to display I need the second PC turned on even if I am not using it to stream to youtube.

I suppose it has a chip inside to buffer the signal so no quality is lost

I did look there. Seen plenty of splitters that are dual female and single male. Even seen some that are dual male single female where both plugs supply power.

However I need one where it is two males to one female where one male has power only and the other male has data only.

No that's not what I need.

I need it where only ONE cable supplies power and the other cable is for data only.

Here's a drawing of what I want.

1 cable.jpg

I do however have a dual USB A board from a PC and an extra USB A male to male cable so I could make what I need if a specific cable doesn't exist.

Actually that won't work. Just power alone isn't enough to make the display show. It needs the data connection as well.

So I'm stuck with it as is.

No big deal though. I just make sure the other PC is on first.

Actually that won't work. Just power alone isn't enough to make the display show. It needs the data connection as well.
USB distributor cable, one with red mark can only be charged (except ios devices), the other can be used to transfer data and charge, suitable for all devices
I've never heard of or known anybody to use a USB A for a display. I do not think you can do that with a USB A cable... but you can use a USB C cable for display. Your motherboard needs to support USB C

Last edited:
The USB is for a USB HDMI capture card. It has a pass through so it can feed a display as well.

Takes the video from the main PC and allows me to capture it on the other PC for streaming while displaying it on the monitor.

Also that cable you linked won't work as both male usb ends can supply power.

Also that cable you linked won't work as both male usb ends can supply power.
Well then it is obvious that your capture card must have provided a cable when you purchased it? Contact the card's manufacture to get a proper replacement

Back
Top Bottom