Random Chit Chat

So it should read 1600 not 2600 right?
If your IF ratio is wrong it'll cause all kinds of problems. Need to make sure it's set to 1600 to match your RAM.
The ram is 3200 Cpu is 2600. Lower the ram? Its in a stock config and no over clock I was messing around the bios to see if i can find the settings you talked about but didn't see any settings for CPU other than overclocking. The bios is standard defaults right now.

Infinity Fabric needs to be half the speed of your RAM. Since you have 3200MHz RAM then your Infinity Fabric would be set to 1600 for a 1:1 ratio. I would need to know the exact model of your board to look up the bios and tell you what that setting would be called. If the bios is set to defaults right now it's pretty much guaranteed your RAM is running at 2133.

It could be but i flashed the firmware and it woke up this thing. A lot faster now. I was thinking that with this Asus motherboard being a B-450 and 3 gen ready also 5000 ready it would have the latest firmware on it. Guessed wrong. Anyway it seems to be working way better now than before , so i would say its fixed!

Sorry, it's just I don't know that much about computer specs.
Nobody is doing conventional benching with these chips so I can't do what I would normally do and show benchmark numbers. On that note, there's almost an 8 year difference in technology between these machines with the biggest speed difference in the storage department. On first boot up you should have noticed a significant difference in speed. There's not much else I can say.

Back
Top Bottom