PCI-E question

The extra machine might help, but you have to transcode streams which relies on your hardware to process while also playing the game. This is why you're having problems. Offloading that work to the other machine might help, but if you're doing x264 CPU for software output it might still be too much for the CPU on the secondary machine to process a 720p/60 output at a 5000Kb/s bitrate for Twitch.

Voicemeeter supports surround sound, but streaming services don't. If Voice doesn't mux the audio before sending out to stream then there's a good chance of audio loss on the stream side due to it wanting a stereo source.
For that to work you'd have to have your Surround input sending to A1 and a secondary source sent as stereo in output B virtual to either your capture software or the secondary machine's capture device. I doubt Voicemeeter doesn't do any audio muxing so there will probably be audio loss. It's best to play in stereo when you want to stream and make it 44khz 16bit so the capture software doesn't have to use more resources to also transcode the audio being sent out.

Turns out fortnite audio is just stereo.

Think I am using the Nvidia encoder option in OBS.

I do have the max bitrate set I think at 2000.

Will look at that when I get home.

Think also I'm doing 30FPS in OBS.

I however can lower the resolution some if that would help.

I think if I were to use a second computer for the streaming it might actually be better as its just like the one im using only I need the better quad core processor.

I wont have the game running on that one so it may be better for the streaming.

However I can in the meantime record and just upload to YouTube.

Now if I got the same Vizio TV will a VGA to HDMI adapter work if there's one that will do 720P and not 1080? That way I could have a proper third monitor.

For $120 something that Vizio is a fairly good deal.

Last edited:
Turns out fortnite audio is just stereo.

Think I am using the Nvidia encoder option in OBS.

I do have the max bitrate set I think at 2000.

Will look at that when I get home.

Think also I'm doing 30FPS in OBS.

I however can lower the resolution some if that would help.

I think if I were to use a second computer for the streaming it might actually be better as its just like the one im using only I need the better quad core processor.

I wont have the game running on that one so it may be better for the streaming.

However I can in the meantime record and just upload to YouTube.
Fortnite will output to whatever Windows is defaulted to for your audio output.

A GT710 does not have an NVENC chip, so it's using shader cores for the transcoding or defaulting to CPU.

A lower bitrate will mean it hits whatever is doing that encoding harder, 30fps should be fine.

Lowering the resolution will just make the work harder on the encoder.

Back
Top Bottom