Random Chit Chat

Where I live is pretty much urban.

But my case is kinda special as I explained. Basically it's because I managed to move my copper line plan to FTTH and ISP does not change contracts on their own.

Not sure if it will stay like this. The 100/20 is actually ~$77. I say I'm not sure because that plan is on a 3-month offer of what I'm paying now, and I'm not certain the speed won't go back slower as it was because the contract says "maximum speed available on area's copper lines" and I managed to move the plan to FTTH.

Things will clear up to me after 3 months. New subscribers of this plan will definitely pay the original price after 3 month, but will I lose the extra speed by then? Stay tuned for the next exciting episode of Dragon Ball Z! After three months.

The new internet might be in his neck of the woods soon Starlink might be something to look into.
Satellite internet has always been plagued with high latency and very fickle on cloudy/snowy days. They would have to overcome these obstacles first before it can become popular. Everybody I know that currently uses satellite have some kinda issue on a continuous basis.

And bandwidth limitations. Unless the price is high for unlimited (not always pure) and usually the speed is slow.

I heard your internet in general is not pure unlimited. Is that true? I mean from the ISP per user, not the mainframe bandwidth.

Where I live is pretty much urban.

But my case is kinda special as I explained. Basically it's because I managed to move my copper line plan to FTTH and ISP does not change contracts on their own.

Not sure if it will stay like this. The 100/20 is actually ~$77. I say I'm not sure because that plan is on a 3-month offer of what I'm paying now, and I'm not certain the speed won't go back slower as it was because the contract says "maximum speed available on area's copper lines" and I managed to move the plan to FTTH.

Things will clear up to me after 3 months. New subscribers of this plan will definitely pay the original price after 3 month, but will I lose the extra speed by then? Stay tuned for the next exciting episode of Dragon Ball Z! After three months.
See and that's what I was saying before doesn't make sense. There shouldn't be a "copper" plan on fiber. Should just have a planned speed, an amount paid, done. Stuff like that would run into legality issues here in the states.
The new internet might be in his neck of the woods soon Starlink might be something to look into.
It's good.
Satellite internet has always been plagued with high latency and very fickle on cloudy/snowy days. They would have to overcome these obstacles first before it can become popular. Everybody I know that currently uses satellite have some kinda issue on a continuous basis.
Starlink is a low altitude grid based system. 100Mb with a 30ms latency. It cannot be compared to the likes of Hughesnet and other companies. They will be offering speeds up to 300Mb later on in the year once they achieve global coverage.
And bandwidth limitations. Unless the price is high for unlimited (not always pure) and usually the speed is slow.

I heard your internet in general is not pure unlimited. Is that true? I mean from the ISP per user, not the mainframe bandwidth.
The beta does not have data caps and they don't intend on making a data cap.

To the second part, it is. Data caps are only a shitty way for more profit, and there is no shortage of bandwidth for an individual user in terms of landline. What's mostly talked about in what you're speaking of is mobile data caps. You pay for "unlimited" but they tend to throttle you past a certain GB amount depending on carrier. For instance with T-Mobile I have unlimited data but after about the 50GB mark a month they will slow you down.

tarlink is a low altitude grid based system. 100Mb with a 30ms latency. It cannot be compared to the likes of Hughesnet and other companies. They will be offering speeds up to 300Mb later on in the year once they achieve global coverage.

I know. But I've been hearing that from Elon Musk for nearly a decade now. And how much will a "low orbit" cost? Satellites tend to fall down in a lower orbit...means a shorter life span

I know. But I've been hearing that from Elon Musk for nearly a decade now. And how much will a "low orbit" cost? Satellites tend to fall down in a lower orbit...means a shorter life span
They have all of that explained and has been out in the open. The system has been tested widely for a bit now so it's not PR.

I am wondering if dish type systems will start using the starlink system. I know that the sat internet sucked with both Hughes and Dish networks. I think thats why they went with a local internet service company. They told me they didn't want to use sat service for internet. It was a option but not a good one at that time. That was 7-8 years ago?

I am wondering if dish type systems will start using the starlink system. I know that the sat internet sucked with both Hughes and Dish networks. I think thats why they went with a local internet service company. They told me they didn't want to use sat service for internet. It was a option but not a good one at that time. That was 7-8 years ago?
No, different technologies so they wouldn't be able to integrate.

Back
Top Bottom