Potentially the longest thread in history...

So far, no outages here. But there is issues with clean water. Boil time or in my case RO water. The rest, i don't care about. So far no outages on electric

That is crazy... The largest state in the union with probably with the most largest oil supply in the continental lower 48 does not have enough energy to provide power on a cold snap demand?
Welcome to the "Green New Deal" where everything depends on the weather cooperating or you are out in the cold... quite literally.

That is crazy... The largest state in the union with probably with the most largest oil supply in the continental lower 48 does not have enough energy to provide power on a cold snap demand? If the treatment plants continuously run their water then they will be o.k. with no freeze ups (takes a lot to freeze running water) If you lose power, run the water in your taps at a slow trickle
It's not a provide issue, it's a grid and greed issue.

The treatment plant lost power. They are on the essential list and still got cut off along with some hospitals in the area. 3 pumps were down and they had to drain the tower. I still don't have water after them having the pumps back up/ cold taps have been left on full blast since it was shut off. Pipes drained so no way to freeze in our pipes. We could tell when they came on because we could hear the airflow but they never sent out water then they went back off.

I'm really impressed by how bad things are there in Texas. I'm surprised people aren't on the streets demanding the Governor's head.

I'm really impressed by how bad things are there in Texas. I'm surprised people aren't on the streets demanding the Governor's head.
It's too cold for that.

But seriously, what could the governor do about it? At least at the moment? After this is over I am sure there will be some serious discussion about what went wrong and how to prevent it from happening again.

Welcome to the "Green New Deal" where everything depends on the weather cooperating or you are out in the cold... quite literally.
The funny thing is, it was fossil fuel providers that slipped because they didn't fix the issue when we had it 10 years ago adding heating elements to the pipes. Gas froze over, water froze over for the nuclear plant on the south portion, it's crazy. The solar and wind providers were actually still outputting 60% of their expected.
We can't do anything about it except vote him out. On the flip side, it's exactly why I said liberals because it seems when they protest it's brave and ok.
It's too cold for that.

But seriously, what could the governor do about it? At least at the moment? After this is over I am sure there will be some serious discussion about what went wrong and how to prevent it from happening again.
ERCOT covers 90% of the state and is a privately owned not federally regulated disconnected grid that has Abbot in their pocket. The thing is, we can't prove that so what do we do? He's made excuses for their sorry asses for years.

The funny thing is, it was fossil fuel providers that slipped because they didn't fix the issue when we had it 10 years ago adding heating elements to the pipes. Gas froze over, water froze over for the nuclear plant on the south portion, it's crazy. The solar and wind providers were actually still outputting 60% of their expected.

We can't do anything about it except vote him out. On the flip side, it's exactly why I said liberals because it seems when they protest it's brave and ok.

ERCOT covers 90% of the state and is a privately owned not federally regulated disconnected grid that has Abbot in their pocket. The thing is, we can't prove that so what do we do? He's made excuses for their sorry asses for years.
The situation is terrible down there in TX. This is like a 100yr freeze and peeps do not know how to deal with this! I am seeing news reports of folks getting into trouble with CO (carbon monoxide) poisoning because they do not know any better about using un-vented heating in their homes! The most pathetic thing about this ...is that the authorities knew this cold snap was coming and they did nothing in advance to prepare for it!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom