Random Chit Chat

Or it's a click bait intended to gain views.

If I'm not mistaken, at some point AMD did outperform NV in same tier/class GPU. I think it was in or around the original Radeon vs NV FX era. So I don't rule out the possibility that AMD will do it again. Similar to their CPU war, but somehow Intel is not giving any obvious hope right now.
X800 XT PE and the Radeon 9700 Pro / 9800 Pro. Those were ATI though, not AMD. The 7970 did win for a short period of time but it's competition was the 680 and when it came out it curb stomped the 7970.

Those cards were 16 years ago, I know most staff carried over but the engineers from then I'm sure are already gone and are now almost exclusively newer AMD engineers.

Yesterday our youngest daughter had heart surgery. During the day, I received a text message that was simply labeled with a first name, no last name, no phone number. The text said that they heard my daughter was having surgery and hoped it went well. I thought it was suspicious since it only used the sender's first name but couldn't imagine would kind of a scam it might be. I could only think of 1 person that I knew with that first name and thought it must have been that person so this morning I was going to respond and say thanks but today the text is nowhere to be found! Since the text is now gone, that made me even more suspicious that it was some sort of a scam.

I mentioned it to my sister and she said it was probably a mutual friend since my sister said she had mentioned that my daughter was having surgery to that friend.

If this friend sent me a self-disappearing text then I am extremely offended. The only reason I can think of that someone would want to send a self-disappearing text is because they are planning something illegal and they don't want there to be any record of their correspondence. Sending me a self-disappearing text sends me the message that you don't want your communication with me able to be tracked. If that's the case, I'd prefer you not communicate with me at all.

Do the rest of you use self-disappearing texts?

Nope. Hope your Daughter will recover and live a normal life. Its scary to hear about this. It don't make much sense to me at all. Good luck on her recovery. Prayers going out for her, Dan

Never even heard of self disappearing SMS except for ones from the service provider like requesting the package balance report. Is it available of regulars?

But I agree with that message. Hope it went well.

Thanks for the concern expressed regarding my daughter. She's doing better in baby steps. She's now able to breath on her own without the aid of oxygen. Still in a lot of pain so is doped up pretty good.

The worst part about this is that they sent her to a hospital over 500 miles away which makes it difficult for the family to visit her. On top of that, due to Covid precautions, she could only have 1 designated visitor. The rest of the family had to visit by video call.

Back
Top Bottom