What is your ISP speed?

Got better speeds a few months ago. My old speed was 100/40 but new speed tiers were released and now I have 250/25 but is overprovisioned by 15% to reflect the actual speed tier. Here in Australia, we have the NBN for anyone that knows which is a complete clusterfuck but I was lucky enough to get FTTP/H.

10227160450.png

Last edited:
You mean my speed, not my ISP's.

I'm on a weird package. It's a package specific for copper networks only and it gives the max speed your settings can get to a max of 40MB DL and 10MB UL which not many can get really since copper services are neglected here. but before this rule 2 years ago I had problems in my copper connection and they moved me to FTTH. Now with these new rule; i.e. copper network specific, while the actual network is FTTH, I'm getting 60MB DL and 10MB UL. It is still expensive, tho; ~$62 USD a month. Ping is 2ms to our host. I'm at work now so I cannot post a Speedtest result.

No, it was a copper network connection but they moved the package to FTTH once it became available because there were technical problems that couldn't be solved. We have both services where I live. It was on VDSL2+ (a variant of DSL) originally. FTTH packages start from 100MB. The stupid thing is UL is only 20MB for it.

Anyway, here's my humble speed in the first try:
10238260861.png

And it's more than enuf for us. I got it for the whole family and I'm the only downloader. The others just stream in 480p-720p and browse.

2 years ago I had problems in my copper connection and they moved me to FTTH. Now with these new rule; i.e. copper network specific, while the actual network is FTTH,
It's one or the other, both posts point to you having FTTH and so does your ping. The reason I said what I said is because FTTH should be gigabit no matter what. It costs them not a penny more to service your house with a full GPON speed. AT&T is the devil here and they start at 300Mb (which is dumb still). I just can't stand artificially limiting speeds to customers no matter where you are.

Both posts do point to having FTTH indeed. DSL, FTTH, etc. are connection, not internet packages packages. Subscribers pay for the package and IPS's take responsibility on how to deliver it. All there is to it that that because my DSL connection have technical problems, they moved it to fiber optics connection, really. Specs and techniques do differ but in my case it has nothing to do with it. Otherwise they would have left me with my bad DSL connection that couldn't reach my package's potential because FTTH should be a Gbps fast. I understand that was what you wanted them to do? Wish goodness for others ;)

Back
Top Bottom