Official Windows 10 Thread

Wasn't sure. I managed to get some things to change in the browser. Its better. I am still showing 3 different user names showing. One from Goggle chrome. Microsoft didn't like that user name or password. At the time i needed to get the system working so it got my phone number. i don't remember the password. After it get everything in, it started asking for the username and password. I would try my old email and it didn't recognize the sign in. I tried the phone number and it wouldn't take that one so i made a 3rd username and password. That got me in. And i am still in. But i would love to find a way to remove the 2nd and 3rd sign in and get back to my original from google chrome. So far i have had no luck at all. I am stuck in a outlook address that i don't want. I am too old or too dumb to remember how its done.

If you're talking about Windows log in, it's not your Google account but your Microsoft account. You may or may not be using your gmail for your Microsoft account which is what I'm assuming you're talking about.

I didn't read this whole thread but read enough to see that many people here are bashing MS and Windows 10. I worked in software development for 30 years (retired now) and I think that MS does a fantastic job. It's a very daunting task to develop an OS that runs on so many different configurations of hardware. When I worked in development, we always had a lab full of machines (later racks of servers running VMs) in order to test on as many different configurations as possible but it simply isn't possible to test EVERY configuration. We always kept our test machines completely updated and almost never had to roll any updates back. I personally have 5 Win 10 machines that I always keep completely updated and never seem to have problems like I read about on forums.

I don't doubt that some people encounter issues but I would venture to say that it's the vocal minority that is doing all of the complaining.

MS and Windows certainly aren't perfect nor without fault but given the sheer number of Windows installations with such a diverse hardware spectrum, I think they do an admirable job.

I didn't read this whole thread but read enough to see that many people here are bashing MS and Windows 10. I worked in software development for 30 years (retired now) and I think that MS does a fantastic job. It's a very daunting task to develop an OS that runs on so many different configurations of hardware. When I worked in development, we always had a lab full of machines (later racks of servers running VMs) in order to test on as many different configurations as possible but it simply isn't possible to test EVERY configuration. We always kept our test machines completely updated and almost never had to roll any updates back. I personally have 5 Win 10 machines that I always keep completely updated and never seem to have problems like I read about on forums.

I don't doubt that some people encounter issues but I would venture to say that it's the vocal minority that is doing all of the complaining.

MS and Windows certainly aren't perfect nor without fault but given the sheer number of Windows installations with such a diverse hardware spectrum, I think they do an admirable job.
Yup. I have so many machines running W10 and don't run into even the "mainstream" issues that I should be affected by. That's saying something, because 4 machines belong to my kids. I do have to agree with the fact that they like to break things then fix it later instead of fixing things that are broken and leaving them alone.

Some peeps do not like the idea of M$ tracking through it's telemetry. And now M$ is making sure peeps do not block Microsoft's telemetry from tracking what your doing on it's o.s.
Microsoft now detects HOSTS files that block Windows telemetry

Since the end of July, Windows 10 users began reporting that Windows Defender had started detecting modified HOSTS files as a 'SettingsModifier:Win32/HostsFileHijack' threat
Microsoft's iron fist attitude

I had let windows 10 2004 download and install about a week ago. This evening it corrupted my computer. It wouldn't take my password or user name. After trying for awhile i used my backup drive and cloned my ssd again. I am now back to 1909. It works ok. Just my two cents, I think its a program that detects older hardware and scramble the drive so you will get new hardware or new computer. Funny that it only does it when installed with 2004. like i said, just my 2 cents...

That was about the 5 time it did just what it did. I just can't let it stay at 1909 so it just has a ghost in the hard drive as it just lets shit go into the computer. I figured out it just does what it wants so i took 10 out and installed 7 4 bit and now lets see if it trys to do something to that.

No issues with 2004 on any of my 3 home PC's.

100% agree. There are really no problems with Windows 10 2004 version 19041.xxx and also with version 19042.xxx
And to be honest, I've never had any special problems.
True, some smaller and really completely irrelevant have been, most recently about 2.5 years ago.
I personally think that all the problems are between the back of the chair and the keyboard.

Back
Top Bottom