Updating to Pro?

isaccasi1234

Baseband Member
Hi, everyone.:)
I have a very straightforward question, I am a Windows Home 2004 user, and I would very much like to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro, because of the extra security in the update, encryption(Bitlocker) but is it worth the 1200 DKR, I am the only user of the PC, so I don't know.
Some advice is needed.:unsure:

You asked is it worth it, I said not really. Unless you have the cash and specific needs for specific features of Pro it's not worth actually saving for it. There are also ways to get cheap keys if you want to go down that road.

As I understand it Pro is a lot more secure than Home, and no I don't have too much money to throw at something I do not benefit from. :unsure:

Pro can be either more or less secure depending on use case and how you make it secure. The most underlying aspects of the OS security will be the same for both. Bitlocker encryption in itself won't make the OS more secure by attackers through the net, which is more of a potential than somebody messing with it physically (where drive encryption matters).

I get a lot of crap for this comment, but network security is more important than OS security IMO.

Pro can be either more or less secure depending on use case and how you make it secure. The most underlying aspects of the OS security will be the same for both. Bitlocker encryption in itself won't make the OS more secure by attackers through the net, which is more of a potential than somebody messing with it physically (where drive encryption matters).

I get a lot of crap for this comment, but network security is more important than OS security IMO.
Although I do agree with you, nothing can help your systems security if there is a lose screw behind the keyboard

Hi, everyone.:)
I have a very straightforward question, I am a Windows Home 2004 user, and I would very much like to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro, because of the extra security in the update, encryption(Bitlocker) but is it worth the 1200 DKR, I am the only user of the PC, so I don't know.
Some advice is needed.:unsure:

If you want to do this, please provide a little more information. I can help You....
Depending on how your Windows 10 Home has been activated, whether you get Windows 10 Pro activated automatically or whether you need to reactivate it after upgrading. Then You may need a new key.
The upgrading itself is very easy and only takes a few minutes and all your things will stay in place exactly as they are. Nothing will not moved or changed.
In fact, you already have Windows 10 Pro on your computer and you only need to enable the pro version features.
If you have OEM activation, you generally do not need a new activation key. If you have retail activation, you may need to reactivate. You may also need an activation key for your version of Windows Pro. All previously unused Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 pro keys are suitable for this purpose.
If you have KMS, MAK, VL, etc. activated, you will probably need to reactivate.
In addition. If you are a home user and the only user of this computer and you do not use a bitlocker and you do not really need to switch to the pro version.
As I said before, this is a possible and very simple and quick operation. It usually takes about 10 minutes.
So, give me/us a bit more info and I'll tell what exactly to do.
Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom