What You've Just Bought!

Just used some of my GPU money to get a new bridal set to replace the engagement ring that broke. Figured I'd take care of it all at the same time instead of just getting a direct replacement. Now I have a year to figure out what I want for a wedding band.

About a year ago friend down the road from me had me build a pc for her and now her daughter wants one too.
I bought this:
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/fc7ZgJ
Let me know how that 3200G gets along with that mobo. I used the same for my wife's rig and she kept getting bluescreens about Thread Hung something. I finally tossed an old 560TI in it and it hasn't done it again.

Her Mom's pc that I built has the Ryzen 3 3200G in it too, and that was just about 1 year ago. I have not heard of any complaints yet.
I did use another 3200G on an A320 board and that damn thing has given me nothing but trouble. Her Mom has a B450 board and daughters pc will too. I do not like those A320 boards with the Ryzen 3 3200G chips. I'm not that crazy about ASRock boards, but it does have 2 case fan ports and it is cheaper than the others. It is also small enough to fit in that case and still use a dvd drive too

Last edited:
Just moved into my new place. Bought a bunch of stuff... Dining table, TV, stand, kitchen appliances, computer table, a new monitor, etc.
Japan's been great!

Just moved into my new place. Bought a bunch of stuff... Dining table, TV, stand, kitchen appliances, computer table, a new monitor, etc.
Japan's been great!
That's very cool. I'd love to hear more about what it's been like moving there?

That's very cool. I'd love to hear more about what it's been like moving there?

Surprisingly easy, though I didn't go through normal immigration - I'm a DoD contractor so I'm working here as SOFA status. No different than going to another country and getting a stamp on my passport - just a different stamp.

Company paid for my car, is paying for my apartment, paying for all my utilities, is paying for language lessons, and I get money to take vacations (literally called an "R&R benefit" - $5k every six months! Got a massive pay increase out of it too.

Figured I could do this for a few years and outright buy a house when I get back to the states, if I ever return. It's a pretty sweet gig.

Back
Top Bottom