What You've Just Bought!

You guys think a 1000W Gold PSU is a waste, other than for its price and weight?
I've been using one since 2012. Seen CPU and GPU overclocking, GTX 480, GTX 680 4GB in SLI and now RTX 2060.

You guys think a 1000W Gold PSU is a waste, other than for its price and weight?
I've been using one since 2012. Seen CPU and GPU overclocking, GTX 480, GTX 680 4GB in SLI and now RTX 2060.
Honestly, my 750W PSU is way overpowered (Corsair TX750 that I bought around 2008/2009!) for what I need on a Ryzen 3600 and RTX2070 Super.

i'm using the seasonic 750 gold on my ryzen 2600 system with an rx570 vid card. rock solid all around.

I had to ask now that electricity here received a raise. The kinda raise one hates.

Oh, I also ordered this interesting wireless (wifi) mouse for $4.584 sharp, if the expressions is right. It has a socket for the receiver and, after my disappointment that it does not have a power switch, I found it turns off after a while and only turns on when I click. Kinda covers up for the power switch. This one:
https://www.amazon.sa/-/en/gp/product/B07MJZF7SQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Honestly, my 750W PSU is way overpowered (Corsair TX750 that I bought around 2008/2009!) for what I need on a Ryzen 3600 and RTX2070 Super.
I remember that the minimum for RTX 2070 was 500W and some say 550W. Yup, 750W is an overkill. However, people like me with crazy plans might think it's reasonable. But 1000W was ridiculous, now that I think about it.

i'm using the seasonic 750 gold on my ryzen 2600 system with an rx570 vid card. rock solid all around.
Any plans for overclocking? It does seem an overkill to me. Unless those AMD cards hogged power. Is that 3600 non-X(T) overclockabe to begin with?

They made those in Speakers back in the 50's right??
They may have tried back then but they did not have polystyrene back then either. I know more research was done on this tech starting sometime in the 70's. I read about rave reviews about DML speakers, and how easy they are to make with very little cost. More materials we have today seem to have made improvements in this style of a flat speaker.
Here's a you tube on what they can and can not do....

Nah. I had a 1350W Toughpower that is Silver rated since 2009 in my rig. I've always felt that if you're on a budget going too big is a waste of money, but if you have the cash to get something quality and big off the bat you'll be set for years.

Nah. I had a 1350W Toughpower that is Silver rated since 2009 in my rig. I've always felt that if you're on a budget going too big is a waste of money, but if you have the cash to get something quality and big off the bat you'll be set for years.

Cool! So there is no power waste or degradation for not reaching its potential capacity or something. If it's only the price and weight, I don't mind. I just hope the power interface stays compatible for a long time. It is good to keep this one for ages to come.

It cracks me up when someone posts a video of how "good" a speaker sounds on YouTube. The "goodness" of how they sound can be no better than the amp/speaker setup I have attached to my computer!

The only real test of how good a speaker sounds is to have it playing in the room that you plan to use it in.

Cool! So there is no power waste or degradation for not reaching its potential capacity or something. If it's only the price and weight, I don't mind. I just hope the power interface stays compatible for a long time. It is good to keep this one for ages to come.
Well if you care about power consumption having an older large power supply and only using like 1/3 of it means you're not in the efficiency curve. It all greatly depends on the unit itself and how much power your hardware really takes. In this case idle consumption (which is probably at least 80% of your machine's on time) is a big factor. For instance, using the 1350W Silver at full load I'm not anywhere near the real efficiency curve which starts at like 50% load for this unit. Efficiency is worse at idle because I'm so much lower than the curve. I have all power saving features off for this reason, because even at idle with it all off I'm still less than 100W consumption.

Platinum and Titanium rated PSUs are different, because I think at Platinum the curve starts at 10% load. Like my eVGA 1200 P2, the plateau is at 400-600W so my machine would sit perfectly in the efficiency curve during gaming.
It cracks me up when someone posts a video of how "good" a speaker sounds on YouTube. The "goodness" of how they sound can be no better than the amp/speaker setup I have attached to my computer!

The only real test of how good a speaker sounds is to have it playing in the room that you plan to use it in.
Then you got microphone quality, whether or not they changed something in post, file format compression, then Youtube compression on that lol.

It's like when they have 720p and 1080p webcam pics side by side to show you how much better a 1080p webcam is, they just photoshop the 720p pic to make it look dimmer and poorer quality.

Back
Top Bottom