Hdd capacity problems

Moren0

Baseband Member
Hello world! Hope everyone's good. I am having a problem setting my 160gb hdd back to its original capacity it's a seagate barracuda. It only shows 32gb capacity I have tried jumper cable settings, windows drive management, seagate tools for windows, seagate tools for dos, I ran all the test it passed. I even try dericks boot and nuke and no changes. I know it's an old hdd but just trying to use it to store old docs, and learn something new. Any ideas how I can resolve this issue? Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Forums

Are you using FAT32 file system?

You need to format the drive and set it to NTFS file system.

I'll completely wipe the drive using Hirrens boot.
Then add NTFS file system and you should be good to go.

Last edited:
Are you using FAT32 file system?

You need to format the drive and set it to NTFS file system.

I have done this no luck.

---------- Post added at 12:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 AM ----------

I'll completely wipe the drive using Hirrens boot.
Then add NTFS file system and you should be good to go.

I done this too done I've wipe the hdd twice and no luck. The hdd doesn't show any unallocated space, and it only shows 31.50gbs available. Any other ideas or theories please? Or should I just called it scrap?

that's odd. I don't have any idea what it could be then.
but... isn't it time to change that HDD?
HDD's get slower over time and increases the change of bad sectors resulting in data loss. (i am sure you already know this)

I know of the 32 gig limitation because of a file system but there's a hardware side to this and that's with a jumper setting.

Google your drive model and settings.

Try PartedMagic. Solved any and every HDD issues I've ever had.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Computer Forums mobile app

Back
Top Bottom