Feedback for my website

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christoffer

Baseband Member
Hello all

In mid 2012 I created my own website concerning the improvement of the PC. I have a steady growing of readers each month (Right now 2400 visitors pr. month).

What I was hoping that you guys could help me with was giving me some constructive critisism about the articles and maybe share som ideas on the design and SEO.

Maybe you have got some great tips on how to develop a steady traffic to the site by advertising it on other sites.

I look forward to hear from you guys.

Sincerely
Christoffer Johansen
Founder and CEO of www.Improvethepc.net

You really need to be careful about services. When you have rookies getting in to the services and cutting things off, one mistake and they can lock themselves out of their system. In some cases it results in having to reinstall windows and losing everything that was on the C: drive. Dangerous stuff there.

As for advertising on other websites a word of caution there. ASK FIRST. Popping in and having your website in your sig or profile and not coming back and being an active member, can lead to your banning as a spammer.
Proper forum etiquette is to ask an admin or senior moderator what the rules are about advertising a competing computer website. You'll find you get a lot further if you ring the door bell first instead of barging in.

Also the tweaker programs you recommend should have a warning. BACK UP your system first. Or at the least do a restore point. Some tweaker programs are crap and the user needs to have a mattress to land on rather than the cold hard concrete.

I wouldn't swear to it but I think we've had this discussion before. SEO is crap and a waste of time and money. Content is king.

Content is king.

^ this.

Your content (and you asked for honest feedback) is lacking.

For example, your guide on speeding up the boot process deals only with enabling multi-core boot wheres the user will see much more lucrative gains in boot time if they also evaluate startup process and the bootup registry folder.

Be more thorough with guides. IMHO, it seems you have whole sections for single work process actions. Expand and get extensive to get the word out.

Aesthetically the site looks pleasing and easy to nav. Are you building that yourself?

I am very glad to hear the feedback. I will look into the articles and try to make them better.
Regarding the link to my website, that was an honest mistake. I should have thought about that..
iPwn: Yest I run the website myself. I use Wordpress for the most of the website.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom