Diamond Processors Is It Possible???

1000 degree's celcius?

I'm sorry but if your cpu is reaching 1000c, i think it would melt the rest of your computer.

and besides, unless you have some major cooling malfunction, your computer shouldn't go above 55c.

plus, a Vcore of 200 volts? what are people using this computer for?

Sure if we were using netburst tech today, this would be much more realistic as we would need much more powerful processors, but even today's Core I7's can be had for under $1k and can run all your crysis servers and 3d rendering without even flinching, there's no reason for more power yet.

So while it could be theoreticly done, I see no purpose to.

-todays processors preform good enough for today
-todays cooling systems are good enough to cope with the hottest processors
-when manufacturing tech goes down, Vcore goes down too, so I don't even know how the 200 volt vcore is relevant to a good thing

It is certainly possible, but not economically viable.

If, and that's a big if, there is a significant set of advances in the photonic computing arena where the optical qualities of a diamond substrate may be of use, then we may see this type of processor.

Additionally, there are niche applications for integrated circuits which can operate in extreme temperatures, but whether those markets will be commercially viable remains to be seen.

1000 degree's celcius?

I'm sorry but if your cpu is reaching 1000c, i think it would melt the rest of your computer.

and besides, unless you have some major cooling malfunction, your computer shouldn't go above 55c.

plus, a Vcore of 200 volts? what are people using this computer for?

Sure if we were using netburst tech today, this would be much more realistic as we would need much more powerful processors, but even today's Core I7's can be had for under $1k and can run all your crysis servers and 3d rendering without even flinching, there's no reason for more power yet.

So while it could be theoreticly done, I see no purpose to.

-todays processors preform good enough for today
-todays cooling systems are good enough to cope with the hottest processors
-when manufacturing tech goes down, Vcore goes down too, so I don't even know how the 200 volt vcore is relevant to a good thing

You're stuck in today! If we took that approach to everything in life, we'd never get anywhere. Computer software is like a gas, in that it will fill whatever hardware it has. If there are processors that are hundreds of times faster than what we have now, then software will be written to take advantage of that. It's just the way it is!

You're stuck in today! If we took that approach to everything in life, we'd never get anywhere. Computer software is like a gas, in that it will fill whatever hardware it has. If there are processors that are hundreds of times faster than what we have now, then software will be written to take advantage of that. It's just the way it is!
As a developer, I must agree. The fact is, once more powerful hardware becomes mainstream, we use it.

Yes, I am fully aware that I am bumping an extremely old thread, but I thought that you guys might want the input from someone who does this sort of thing.

How about carbon I know diamond is just compressed carbon but I heard they where experimenting with super thin carbon for electronics to replace silicon

Sent from my iPad using Computer Forums

Back
Top Bottom