detect wifi signal?

lepend

Solid State Member
Hi all...
There are many apps that detect what is connected to a wifi network, or what wifi networks are switched on nearby. But how to detect a wifi signal of a device ie: mobile phone, laptop, etc that is not connected to a network but the device has its wifi switched on? Does anyone know if this is actually possible..? Is there already an app for this? and if it is not possible, does anyone know why?
Thanks
lepend

You can use Airmon-ng /w Airodump-ng , this will require specific hardware.

This will show client devices connected to APs and also client device searching for a AP to connect with.

You can use Airmon-ng /w Airodump-ng , this will require specific hardware.

This will show client devices connected to APs and also client device searching for a AP to connect with.

Thanks for info.. what is the specific hardware required? and where can I get this from?
As well as using this on a static pc would it work with a mobile phone so that any devices would show up as the phone moved into their wifi ranges?

Last edited:
Thanks for info.. what is the specific hardware required? and where can I get this from?
As well as using this on a static pc would it work with a mobile phone so that any devices would show up as the phone moved into their wifi ranges?

https://null-byte.wonderhowto.com/h...pports-monitor-mode-packet-injection-0191221/

You just need a supported Wifi card, USB preferablly, I use an ASUS AWUS036H, there is a new model which Ill be switching to but cant remember name off the top of my head.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom