Cant port forward my ports! (TP-Link Archer C150)

Alright,

First off all, sorry for wasting your time.
But to make myself feel better, I had no idea about the following:

The problem is not the router.
Indeed ''Virtual servers'' are the way to open your ports.
However, and I had no clue it worked that way.
When you have a router connected to a modem (that has a working router in it) it's just not possible beacause you are working with 2 routers.

After calling TP-link they gave me advice on how to handle it.

There are a few ways to fix this but I will tell the most ''easiest'' way of doing it;

- call the company of the modem with the router build in it (which in my country is ''Ziggo) and tell them to make that an access point only. Then my router will be the ''admin'' and that would already be enough to make the ports go open.

Unfortunatly it is not so easy in my case because the modem/router is used by other people also. So then I have to do something with the DMZ on the Ziggo modem. Enter the IP address of my TP-link then it should work.......hopefully

Hope i made some sense, I'm still not all the way there but I'm thinking I will get there.

Thank you anyway for the help!

Alright,

First off all, sorry for wasting your time.
But to make myself feel better, I had no idea about the following:

The problem is not the router.
Indeed ''Virtual servers'' are the way to open your ports.
However, and I had no clue it worked that way.
When you have a router connected to a modem (that has a working router in it) it's just not possible beacause you are working with 2 routers.

After calling TP-link they gave me advice on how to handle it.

There are a few ways to fix this but I will tell the most ''easiest'' way of doing it;

- call the company of the modem with the router build in it (which in my country is ''Ziggo) and tell them to make that an access point only. Then my router will be the ''admin'' and that would already be enough to make the ports go open.

Unfortunatly it is not so easy in my case because the modem/router is used by other people also. So then I have to do something with the DMZ on the Ziggo modem. Enter the IP address of my TP-link then it should work.......hopefully

Hope i made some sense, I'm still not all the way there but I'm thinking I will get there.

Thank you anyway for the help!

Ah ok that would explain why its not working. No worries all a learning exercise. :cool:

The router with the modem that connects directly to the coxial cable leading into your property would control port forwarding and any inbound and outbound controls at the NAT level for the internet. so as you discovered.

Based on that, can you explain exactly how your network is set up, is your router just an extender to the core router?

Back
Top Bottom