I Need Change.

Alright so a month later I am well adjusted at my own desk! Its fun every one seems great here. Definitely a good place to work! So glad I made the change it has been the best thing I have ever done for my physical health my wrist don't hurt near as bad. :)

Alright so a month later I am well adjusted at my own desk! Its fun every one seems great here. Definitely a good place to work! So glad I made the change it has been the best thing I have ever done for my physical health my wrist don't hurt near as bad. :)

That's awesome man, glad things are working out.
There's only moving up from here.
What are your job responsibilities

Thank you all for you help in a week I am being offered a permanent position at my work. My lead already let me know because of a scheduling conflict lol. I'm super excited. After this the steps to working on buying a home are next!

Thank you all for you help in a week I am being offered a permanent position at my work. My lead already let me know because of a scheduling conflict lol. I'm super excited. After this the steps to working on buying a home are next!

That's great news man, like I said, in IT, it's easy to step up if you are good and keep working hard.
Glad to hear the good news and thanks for updating us, it's nice to hear stories like these.
My cousin is starting his first IT job this summer as a printer support tech, its only a summer job but its a start.
Feel free to keep us updated.

Congrats!

This is definitely great news, man! I too am hoping to make my way into a house soon, but the market here (Washington state) has skyrocketed and shows little sign of coming back down, if any. Best of luck to you moving forward, and am definitely glad you're feeling fulfilled in your current position.

So I have another update. I am still in the same position and am studying for my A+certification with access to Lynda, through my company. I recently care across WGU (Western Goveners University) I have heard great things and traditional colleges have not been kind to me and I have a close friend who does compentcy based learning and he loves it.

So I submitted an application for their B.S. IT Network Administration. Have started to walk through the the process of enrolling and because the IT program requires previous completed course work, or an advanced IT certification (A+, Network + ect.) Or 3 years of experience. I opted for the experience. I have done the church IT and sound thing for almost what 4 years now. Along with my 8 months with my current company doing help desk support for our products and windows support. I do a lot of remote session to fix software and hardware. When I was asked for my resume. I sent it as usual and was advised that they needed a technical resume. I have untill Monday to turn it in to my adviser. What is the best way to go about that?

Thanks for the support guys. I am loving my choice to change fields and am looking forward to a good career that I will enjoy.

Not sure if anyone will see this but I have a 2-year update. I just want to say thank you all for the help and support you provided. I at 2 years into my tech industry journey. Have been through help desk tier 1, 2 and now just recently got hired on at a large tech company in their NOC.

I've been told sky's the limit from here. This position can grow into a network admin role which is what I've set my eyes on. Networking fascinates me. My next pay jump will be from hourly to salary so long as I put in the work for 6 months to a year. I will be studied g for my CCNA and getting the ball rolling. I really could not have done this without all the guidance I received here.

Now I'm working with things like Cisco switches, routers, I.P. phones. Configs, windows server 2003, 2008, 2012, programs like putty and much more getting real industry experience with technologies that are relevant. I'm sure I'll let you all know when I get my CCNA!

Back
Top Bottom