What Software Would Allow Me To Stream To Multiple Monitors?

plato234

Beta member
What Software would allow me to show video, audio, and slideshows on multiple monitors independently at the same time? I will be using about 6 monitors. I'm looking for something that will allow me to manage the content from a PC, while displaying multiple advertisements in my store on HDTV's and have everything play automatically. I would like to be able to play video at one moment, then play a slideshow the next moment and have different slideshows running on different monitors. It would be good to have music playing while the slideshow is going, have a video play, then have no music and the audio from the video to play. It would be nice if I could get a recommendation on what HDTV's I should use, and what type of PC I'll need, and the hardware to connect it all. Thanks

Hi, most of the information that comes up on google search of a commercial video display is information about creating video walls. I want to have multiple monitors throughout my store that have different things on their screens. I was thinking of using Raspberry Pi's, but I still need the software. Thanks.

Raspberry Pi + either Xibo or Digital Signage (Digital Signage recommends an Intel NUC, which I agree with, it's what we use around site)

^+1 to either of those suggestions. We looked pretty extensively into this as we actually offer digital signage services, currently we use PADs but tbh I'd much rather go with one of the above (especially for a simple setup like yours).

Alternatively, you could write something yourself:
Server
1. Has shared folder full of the videos you want to display on your client units.

Clients
1. Check every X minutes for new videos in the shared folder. If there's new ones, copy to local folder.
2. Use any video player that supports watched folder playing (like VLC). Basically it'll just loop through the local folder and play the videos. You could set this to random or sequential or whatever you'd like.

Raspberry Pi + either Xibo or Digital Signage (Digital Signage recommends an Intel NUC, which I agree with, it's what we use around site)

Do Raspberry Pi's support Xibo though? I didn't see anything on there site that would indicate that Xibo can be run on the Pi's. Also it would be good to set up a static IP address and run the Pi's remotely from a windows laptop.

Hm, apparently it doesn't.
Intel Compute Stick! More expensive but they run full Windows

Or as an alternative, if they're going to be displaying relatively static information make some static signage with Photoshop or something, and have the RPI's just display that image.

Back
Top Bottom